About This File
Replaces Test Drive Unlimited's UI sounds with the sounds from the PS2 port when applicable. For those who want a different soundscape, or want more of the PS2 menu experience.
If you use another countdown replacer mod and wish to keep it, you will have to add them to this file with TDUMT. If you don't know how, there's instructions in the Readme. This file contains a version with my Gran Turismo countdown replacer in it.
Preview (From a work in progress version. Contains most of the prominent sounds. will make a proper one soon)
- General UI navigation (Item selecion, confirm, decline etc.)
- General map navigation (Point select, filter tab, waypoint etc.)
- In-game sounds (GPS popup, countdown, checkpoint)
- In-game menu sounds
- Some PS2 sounds don't have an equivalent in the 360/PC version, and vice versa. (For example the difficulty/reward popup in the PS2 pre-race menu)
- Audio sliders use the in-game menu navigation sounds even though they have a separate entry in sounds.ini, so I opted to use the in-game menu SFX over it.
If you spot any missing/out of place sounds, feel free to report it. I'm unsure if I'll be able to get some online-exclusive SFX though, if there are any.
Redwave's PS2 menu music. Because TDU PS2 has an awesome soundtrack, and this mod goes hand-in-hand with it.
What's New in Version 1.1.0
TDU PS2 Money Sound
- Note: Due to how TDU PC/360 handles this sound, it may loop awkwardly on larger transactions. I haven't encountered this in testing, but if you do, please report it and I will attempt to fix it. I'll also leave the old version up in case you want to keep the original money sound.