We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Online play...what I have seen so far

RonK99

Is this basically what it is LOL :)

I have been online 3 times so far...Just driving around from race to race just trying to make money (just started)

Any way the first time i was online I was challanged to a race...It was real cool because he had the SAME class car as mine...I picked the course and we raced ...it was neck and neck and he passed me twice BUT on the last coner I just slipstreamed by for the victory :) ...It was fun like a race would be

The second time i was online I was going to my next challange when a guy I'll leave "un-named" pulls up to my Saturn in an exotic...i think it was a Mclaren or Saleen maybe...Any way he bashes me off the road and continues to go back and forth and back and forth just bashing my car all over the place...Like for 10 minutes or so...What kind of race is that?

The 3rd time I was online I saw a bunch of cool imports on some main drag uptown there....the street was a one way 3 lanes wide...I drove around a bit and all i could see is that they drive down one way about 15 blocks...then turn around and drove straight back...over and over ...That's all they did ...i watched them for a long time too LOL

I was wondering....What fun is that? LOL :)

I'm hoping to find more fun races and less bumper cars as i go forward...otherwise it'd just be better to play offline I think to enjoy the game...Just getting bashed off the road over and over isn't a great game ... and I don't think I'll be driving up and down the same 15 blocks of straight road over and over either LOL :)

Oh well

Will just have to see I guess!

Ron

Yep sounds like "the strip" I'll concede there are a lot of total idiots online on TDU but there are plenty of cool people too. Just leave the town and head out to places and you'll find people that drive instead of wreck. The coast road is a good place to cruise round. You'll find people in pretty much everything on "The Coastal run" If you need to take a break from racing and you have a decent car then its worth the drive. It'll take you a while though to lap the whole thing.

I tend to avoid the drag racers as it's pretty damn boring. The mountains or the coast is where I'm normally at.

If you stop by online races (Player not ranked) you'll find people happy to help you or teach you tricks of the trade. TDU is cool like that.

Anywho, enjoy.

Also.. if you want help post your GamerTag so we know who you are ;)

but he tried to lock me :(

Yer thought that was a bad thing when I first got the game, they could have worded it better. Thats a good thing becouse when unlocked, if one person goes a little fast you can be put onto different servers. If it come up with the messege, say yes and this won't happen (if you want to stay cruising with them).

Its a good game with good people (which i really need to get back on, might do that now), just need to find the right people and you can cruise for hours.

Echoing all thats been said. Most users are cool, either into racing or cruising. Its cool to just get a random invite to a cruise and off you go and meet up with various like minded people.

Occasionally get the real hard men who play the game just to constantly crash into you, just jump to the map and back in a couple of times and they're gone - muppets!

GC

• 1 month later...
I played online for the first time today. I saw the legendary "Strip" lol. Alot of racers there.

I have played online several times and have raced on the strip a few times and took on tons of noobs. Here's my score card

My car / opponent's car / outcome:

Ferrari 288 GTO / Ferrari F430 / I won. Noob had no clue how to drive the thing

TVR Sagris / Mclaren F1 / Lost

Lamborgini Gallardo SE / Saturn Sky / Lost. Stupid Saleen hit me head on at 200+ MPH

Also have spent some time on the coastal run. Can't remember all the races there, but they are numerous.

The people at the strip can be real asses, But every once and a while you'll get a nice group of guys there i stay by my house in the moutians to drift or im at tantalus drifting i've met some nice people who just want to be nice and cruise so the coast and mountians is where its happening

I have a solution to this type of problem, dont upgrade your "Live" subscripition at the end of your free period, mind you to be fair it works for me because i only got a 360 for when Test Drive Unlimited 2 arrives...

I believe it will arrive, no matter what anyone says, it has to arrive on 360 first too...

Maybe its just me, but i love zooming around in stage 3 cars just rippin' in though the city! I guess i just have a Need for Speed of somethin' xD. like going 200 mph+ on the mountains just passsing all those cruisers.

But you have a good point. Sometimes, cruises are good, just on the coast and not flooring it!