We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Demo: Skate 2

Nodz86

Demo: Skate 2

Content: Skate 2 Demo

Price: Free

Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions

Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) ALCOHOL REFERENCE,LANGUAGE,MILD VIOLENCE,SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Download the demo and hone your skills before Skate 2 hits stores as you rip around Slappy's, move objects to create spots, and take on new set of challenges. Also compete against up to 4 of your friends in an all out break your bones Hall of Meat challenge. Skate 2 will be in stores worldwide on January 23.

Add this demo to your Xbox 360 download queue

From Major Nelson

Played the demo and I really don't see what the fuss is about? I wasn't really taken by it as there doesn't really seem like theres that much difference and the difference there is, is not worth £35 - £40. I mean, yeah you can get off your board etc.. and theres a new story and apparently new environments and tricks but it doesn't seem to add up to that price tag. The graphics look the same and the gameplay looks the same and unless you are a real fan of skating and really admire the differences there actually are in the new game then I wouldn't recommend buying it. Of course I would have to buy and play the full game to give a whole opinion, by what I have seen in the demo I have come to this conclusion. I actually went and bought another game instead of Skate 2 because of this.

I'm happy with Skate 1 and will continue to play it and may get Skate 2 when it's down in price a bit such as £20, until then it's a no no.

Just played it; don't like it. The movement when you get off your board is terrible (seriously, we've had it in Tony Hawks games since THUG, can you not get it right?), the demo keeps you on a timer constantly, and when you finish all the missions in the demo it gives you 2 minutes of free time to skate around... And the after-demo video pretty much told what the whole story was about, as well as showing the ending, so yeah, don't like it.

I MAY still get it, not sure though.