We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Resident Evil 5 Demo premiering exclusively on Xbox 360

Nodz86

Resident Evil 5 Demo premiering exclusively on Xbox 360

Resident Evil 5 will launch on Friday, March 13th but you’ll be able to get your hands on a two-level playable demo the week of January 26th. According to Capcom, the demo will have has three levels of co-op play: single-player with AI support, two-player split-screen on a single Xbox 360 and two-player across Xbox LIVE. There are some trailers up on the Marketplace if you want to remind yourself how good this looked when we saw it at TGS.

Update: Capcom has posted the press release, which contains additional details.

From Major Nelson

• 2 weeks later...

Demo: RESIDENT EVIL 5

Content: RESIDENT EVIL 5 Demo

Price: Free

Availability: Not available in Germany This demo is available in all Xbox LIVE regions

Dash Text: [ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)] The demo version of RESIDENT EVIL 5. Play by yourself or play with a partner in co-op mode, either online or offline with a split screen.

Add this demo to your Xbox 360 download queue

Edit: The press release on Xbox.com has more details on the demo.

From Major Nelson

• 2 weeks later...

Not tried it yet, I'm a big fan of the Res games but a few people have said this one is terrible compared to the other ones, so I might not bother. Btw, what's with the "exclusively on Xbox 360"? The demo has been out for PS3 for just as long too...

EDIT: Oh, ok. I've not been on PS3 for ages, I just remember my PS3 friends asking if I had the demo yet around the same time my X360 friends were :p.

Not tried it yet, I'm a big fan of the Res games but a few people have said this one is terrible compared to the other ones, so I might not bother. Btw, what's with the "exclusively on Xbox 360"? The demo has been out for PS3 for just as long too...

I think it was on xbl a week or something before PS3, iirc