We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Aston Martin Returning to LeMans

Nodz86

Aston Martin returning to LeMans with two Works LMP1 cars

by Damon Lavrinc on Jan 26th 2009 at 9:01PM

56855ast_580op.jpg

Aston Martin is ready to tackle the 2009 24 Hours of LeMans in a pair of Gulf-liveried LMP1 vehicles on the 50th anniversary of its only overall win in the Franco enduro. The two coupes are based on the 2008 Charouz Racing System Lola and will be powered by the same production-based V12 found in the LeMans GT1 DBR9. Development was performed by Lola, Michelin, Koni and BBS, along with Aston's largest partner, Gulf Oil. Driving duties will be handled by Jan Charouz, Tomas Enge and Stefan Mücke, along with Darren Turner who was part of the team that campaigned the DBR9 GT1 crew in 2007 and 2008. Harold Primat is the newest addition to the team and one other driver will be announced shortly. Unfortunately, Aston won't be campaigning in the GT1 class in bid to focus all its efforts on LMP1 program. It's going to be an exciting year and we're hoping to bring it to you live the weekend of June 13 and 14. All the details are available in the press release below the fold.

PRESS RELEASE

From Autoblog

Put it this way you would be a brave person to bet on Aston taking the overall victory in Le Mans later this year ...

Audi & Peugeot have got the top spots on 'lockdown' i.e. there certain to finish on the podium ......

Meh I won't be supporting Aston but thats probably got something to do with me supporting the French and the 'Mericans ... Peugeot and the Corvette's :).

I would put money on peugeot getting the overall win this year after all Audi are using the R15 which so far has done no competitive running and the only time it will be used competively before Le Mans is at Sebring in a couple of months for the Sebring 12 hours where has Peugeot has the experience with the 908 HDI ....