We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

To those Down Under.

TDU 505

To all the aussies,

Take it easy guys, while we here in the UK are facing so called 'cold' temperatures with huge amounts of snow and temperatures well below 0 even during the day you guys are facing extremely hot temperatures .... and forest fires. I know where I would rather be right now and thats over here in the UK, but take it easy because I would hate to be in your situation right now .....

Damn, Aussie's are having a real bad time going through all this, and I'm with Andy here, I look out of the window and I see cold, snow and rain O.o' I think not even the Desert Parts(Middle East, some parts in africa) get 47 Degrees O.o'

Heh the thing you have to remember is that Melbourne is on the coast of one of the coldest oceans in the world. Imagine how much hotter inland it would have been. To my knowledge, the hottest ever temperature that I experienced living at my old house was 50.6 degrees celsius. At that temperature, even refrigerated airconditioners don't work well.

I am staying in Sydney for 2 more weeks and the weather is terrible it's 40 degrees and humid.I am used to 2 degrees and even in the pool it is unbearable and so many people perishing in that fire sad days.But today a nice change rain

Yeah they are saying the death toll is already over 180 :(

One thing though, if you're in one of those small towns and the huge fire is headed towards you, where on earth do you flee to? :(

There really isn't anywhere that people can go. The local rural fire service states that you should either leave early (before you can see smoke), or stay and defend your house. The best way to survive is to stay in the house and then get outside once the main front has passed n try get the fire off your house. Its really sad, and yea the death toll has surpassed 181 as of now. Australian's have donated $37 million toward the effort in giving people food, clothing and all the other essentials. I'd say this is a good effort for a country of 21 million people =]

E: my mother was just talking to the local fire captain, and he was saying that he flew over the fires and the core temperature of them was something like 1600 degrees Celsius.. not a lot can survive that heat. He also stated that they were expecting something like 300 deaths in total, as they haven't yet checked all of the houses. Crazy thought that... :S

There really isn't anywhere that people can go. The local rural fire service states that you should either leave early (before you can see smoke), or stay and defend your house. The best way to survive is to stay in the house and then get outside once the main front has passed n try get the fire off your house. Its really sad, and yea the death toll has surpassed 181 as of now. Australian's have donated $37 million toward the effort in giving people food, clothing and all the other essentials. I'd say this is a good effort for a country of 21 million people =]

E: my mother was just talking to the local fire captain, and he was saying that he flew over the fires and the core temperature of them was something like 1600 degrees Celsius.. not a lot can survive that heat. He also stated that they were expecting something like 300 deaths in total, as they haven't yet checked all of the houses. Crazy thought that... :S

Yeah i just donated some old clothes & toiletries to fire relief collection. I urge any Aussies if you can donate something then please do. It dosn't have to be money. It can be clothes, toiletries, food etc.