We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Logitech G25 Problems

Evel

I just updated to Logitech Gaming Software 5.04, and now my steering wheel won't work. The game won't detect it steering, everything else works. Anyone know what to do?

Update: I've managed to get the steering to work by disconnecting the wheel, reinstalling the software, and only connecting the wheel when it asks you to do so. But I've now discovered that my clutch doesn't work.

I just updated to Logitech Gaming Software 5.04, and now my steering wheel won't work. The game won't detect it steering, everything else works. Anyone know what to do?

Update: I've managed to get the steering to work by disconnecting the wheel, reinstalling the software, and only connecting the wheel when it asks you to do so. But I've now discovered that my clutch doesn't work.

SOUNDS DAFT!!!

have you assigned the clutch to a command ingame ???

Installation instructions for G25 Profiler Software...

1. remove all logitech G25 software

2. reboot computer

3. download latest G25 profiler software

4. install it (follow on screen instructions)

5. reboot

Launch Test Drive Unlimited...

1. goto options and assign button commands to all relevant pedals, wheel motions

BE ADVISED!!!

certain cars that use paddle shifter in test drive unlimited, dont require a clutch... you change gear in these cars using the metal shifters behind the wheel...

The information in this article applies to the following device:

Logitech G25 steering wheel

The information in this article applies to the following Operating Systems:

Windows XP

Windows Vista

Cause:

Some games that offer shifter support...

May not support a clutch pedal at all.

May require a patch or update to add this support

May be set to auto-clutch in the games configuration.

Solution:

Refer the games manual or contact the game vendor for assistance in configuring the game

May not support a clutch pedal at all.

test drive unlimited was designed with the G25 wheel in mind they go hand in hand...

May require a patch or update to add this support

test drive unlimited does not require an update in order for use with a G25 wheel

May be set to auto-clutch in the games configuration.

test drive unlimited doesnt have autoclutch i think, however other ingame settings can cause same effects

1. make sure combines axis is disabled...

2. im not really a person to quit helping someone part way through... but i really have to go bed

http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/search?submitted=true&type=message&sort_by=score&q=g25+clutch&page_size=50

click that link and every logitech customer with a clutch related problem who has posted on they supprt pages is in there... i log on 2moro and try help some more..

try to to panic - anything can be fixed, even my behaviour (so i know we can fix your problem) :)

when your in your tdu control settings go to the end tab and deselect auto clutch and select H-shifter that fixed it when i updated as i had the same issue

ok TDU does have autoclutch, well im off to play tdu on my xbox none of this clutch problems for me.... i dont have one :) i must admit i miss the G25 a little.... i miss my flight stick and BF2 most though...

I went there and auto-clutch was already disabled and H-Shifter was enabled. I've also now discovered that the game detects my brake pedal as the clutch. The clutch isn't detected as anything at all. I went into Logitech Profiler again, and the brake and clutch worked as they should there.

When I used the Clear Calibration Utility, I got the message "No calibration information was found. Probably already deleted. Exiting.", and the problems weren't fixed. I also tried resetting the controls in game, didn't work.

Update: Fixed, the brake and clutch weren't mapped properly in the profiler.

well evel mate it has me stumped... i would at this point suggest you might have a faulty wheel, but you claim it worked fine before updating the profiler...

and the latest software works for others as this thread proves, so i dont know what else to suggest to you mate. i no longer have a G25 so i cant run some tests for you or anything like that...

Goodluck with it !!!