We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

*UPDATED* Two New Edonis Sounds (+2 more)

Hari Vatanan

Lately I've been working on sounds for the Edonis and ended up with these two. They probably don't sound anywhere close to the real life Edonis but seem to sound better than the original in TDU, even though it may sound a little like a race car.

Both sounds are basically the same, the second one is just a higher pitched version of the first one, but with a stronger "whistling" and doesn't have backfire. You will need the Magic bnk1.map or else they won't work.

Hope you like them at least a bit, and please do post feedback. ;)

Sorry for the low quality samples, unfortunately I can't do much better...they sound well better ingame.

EDIT: I gave it another go, so now the "whistling" is a bit stronger and louder, added a backfire (not as loud as the one of Edonis I, though it may be a little too quiet) and the engine is pitched in between both the other two sounds: not as low as Edonis I but not as high as Edonis II.

Somehow I think it didn't come out as expected, still feels too similar to Edonis II...but do seems better.

EDIT 2: Well, and again I've given it another try. This time I left the same pitch as in Edonis I, added the stronger "whistlling" and made the backfire a bit louder, but still feels like it doesn't exist: this is because the charger/turbo sound covers it, yet mostly only when gearing, so, if you accelerate to high rpm's and let go off the gas, you'll clearly hear it. I'd make it louder but unfortunately the sound seems to distort if I get it any higher than it already is. :(

Oh well, I hope this time I got it better. ;)

Samples:

Edonis I: http://www.sendspace.com/file/q4ul72

Edonis II: http://www.sendspace.com/file/szcdro

Edonis III: http://www.sendspace.com/file/nh9yoh

Edonis IV: http://www.sendspace.com/file/yy489r

Thanks Sponge, that sounded bloody awesome :eek2:

But why did the guy bring his wife ? At least he could've told her to hold off the vacuum cleaning while he was making a recording :D awesome sound :cool:

Now, someone make that sound. :monkeydance:

EDIT: Did some more Edonis driving and I'm actually really impressed. ;)

Quite close to the actual sound from that clip above, just needs to boost the charger whistling by some 20dB :D

Almost Saladine quality :cool: you certainly deserve my Rep Point ..... La Portugal..... Un Point ( or whatever :D )

Definitely give it another go. it has potential.

Use the lower pitch version and maybe up the pitch ever so slightly - I don't know if it hits maximum RPM in that clip, if it does, then leave the pitch as it is.

Keep the backfire and increase the whistling, but not as much as in the clip, I think, it would get annoying, wouldn't it. :confused:

It's already a great sound. I'm driving Edonis like never before - I swear the car just got better handling too! :D amazing what waves can do.

The pitch on the new version (V3) seems to be even higher than version 2 and the backfire is gone - but I like the charger/turbo sound. :confused:

I'm going with version 1 though, I think the engine sound is best on this one and I like the "backfire" when shifting too. :lol:

I still say keep the engine sounds, well, all the sounds, from version 1 and just add a louder charger sound.

In fact, get a vacuum cleaner :D and record that, up close!

I swear it'll sound just like that clip. :thumbsup: