We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ace Project - "Help Wanted" - Volunteers for the TDU On-Line Community Need

cheapshades

The Ace Project team needs volunteers to assist with the completion of the three Inter-Club races in a WAN environment.

Objective:

Run a minimum of three Inter-Club Races for each driver with that driver winning. Each driver will attain the 10 points needed to progress to Ace when all of the other on-line achievements have been accomplished.

Goal:

To produce 4 unique on-line profiles for use in the Ace Project application being coded by desrat and for a major revision to "the Complete Hitch-Hiker's Guide to rank progression from 99% to 100% in Test Drive Unlimited", located here: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667698

What you need:

A two PC setup behind the same router. Test Drive Unlimited on each PC, with or without Megapac, two club members ready to drive, and a desire to help give the entire TDU Community the opportunity to achieve the rank of Ace.

What I have:

A two PC setup behind the same router. Test Drive Unlimited on each PC, one with and one without Megapac. I will run both profiles on my end (one will remain at the starting line until it's that profile's turn to win). Club name: 99% Acers

The unique on-line profiles used for the application will be as follows:

[ace]_mule_1: male character 3% completion rate, rookie level, non-Megapack

[ace]_mule_2: female character 3% completion rate, rookie level, non-Megapack

[ace]_uncle_td: will be there to help once the mules have finshed their three runs each.

Volunteers are requested to post their name and contact me via a PM (either in this forum or in the Atari TDU forum) for questions and scheduling.

Discussion thread at Atari TDU Forum: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624433

Update 24 Feb 09:

We had a volunteer in the Atari TDU forum and was able to successfullly complete the Inter-Club races for mule_1 and mule_2.

The beta for the application is currently being tested and so far proves to be working.

The first five people that PM desrat in the US TDU forum can receive an advance copy of the Beta.

At this point, I will continue to offer my time for anyone that wants to personally complete the three Inter-Club races. Note that the state of the TDU server over the past three weeks or so may cause a bit of a problem connecting. There was only once instance of a problem connecting with the volunteer, admobadmo, but that went away and we finished the runs.

I did try to assist someone out of the EU TDU forum last Sunday and tried for almost an hour. He was able to see the race that I set up but was not able to join. I assume that the server glitches was the problem.

• 3 months later...

I will be able to help between 29th june and 5th july from 7pm BST to 12midnight BST.

Happy to run a dummy from my laptop as I too am on 99%.

There is also a possibility one of my mates from work will want in just to get the 10points sorted now to save waiting around later.

Let me know if you are still up for it.