We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Skepsis: BMW M3 E92 2nd Version:New & improved sound!!!(nice for IS-F too)

Skepsis

Time to wipe the dust off your Beemer and let it rip!:cool:

I've spent half a day fiddling with this one and I think you'll be satisfied with the results!:)

(there is a small detail I want to eventually iron out,but nevermind that for now) ENJOY!:D

sound file:

http://files.filefront.com/S281E+Cpe+audiobnk/;13312659;/fileinfo.html

*I've bodyswaped with saleen's extreme coupe for it's performance,RPM(soundwise) and bonnet view!

*if sound goes too high(over 6500rpm!),it doesn't sound right I think for what it's meant...btw it goes up to 8500 if you need it...;)

video:

I was going for something like this. Inside the real thing it sounds a bit syntetic and quiet and from the back,it's too raspy...so my sound I hope is somewhere in the middle!:D(end of the movie is best for comparison)

****************************************************************************

NEW REALISTIC SOUND!

Hello again my fellow gear heads, I was generally satisfied with the M3 sound I made, but I stumbled:cheeky: across some real M3 samples, so in the interest of greater accuracy, I had to do another, more realistic one!:D

In the mean time, I've also found a "more finished" model http://mod-dealers.blogspot.com/than Tool's, so that's the one in the new video, and because it's a new model, it had different camera positions so I had to find another car to bodyswap. As it happens, DB9 was a great match since the performance is similar(let's say slightly tuned M3;)),camera view(bonnet) is even better and most importantly for this thread, it revs up to 6800rpm, which in the game sounds just like when the real thing redlines @ 8300:thumbsup:...oh, and it drifts nicely!:excited:

p.s. this model doesn't have interior but CLK55's matches!:cool:

File:

http://files.filefront.com/BMW+M3+E92zip/;13324670;/fileinfo.html

New sound video:

Very nice mod, man!! I´ve ridden in the real M3 E92, it´s very close!! also suitable for other cars, very good indeed!! congratulations, keep up the good work!

Nice to hear from someone who's actually ridden in it!:thumbsup:

And as for other cars, the latest mod of Lexus IS-F fits the bill nicely as you can hear here(video)...although with the stock exhaust it sounds a bit Audi-ish(it drones), with tuned one it's much more open and more M3-like...i think;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D86feQwfqLU

respect skepsis your sound fits perfectly to my is-f ^^ very good +rep

You're welcome to use it,it really sounds almost identical(video)!:)

wicked this is just what i need :D

*looks at sig pic*

...was wondering how long until guys with beemers in their avatars&sigs react:D:cheeky:;)

Thank you, I spent a lot of time doing this stuff, in detail, so much so that I'm starting to annoy my girlfriend!:lol: hihihi

Sounds from M3 Challenge ! Well done :thumbsup:

Good ear Djey, although I gave a hint few posts up.;)

p.s. 360 Stradale sound coming up soon, and you'll need a fresh pair of undies for that one!:drool::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
    Hey, that sound is really very nice! ;)

But could you also please make a soundmod for the old BMW M3 E46?

Well,I haven't got samples for it, but try this,put the clk55 sound on something without a turbo and that sounds pretty close to m3 e46 inline-6;)

btw. variant of that sound is used on wiesmann which has this engine so...

just mind that it goes up to 6700rpm,so don't put it on a car that goes over that,or just take the wiesmann sound and amp it up a little,cuz it's kinda quiet;)

being a M3 expert (IN my mind);) i don't think the CLK sound is anywhere near the M3 whatsoever

the weissman is ok-ish having an M3 engine but i tried the IS350 sound and that was closer than anything else i've tried so far

i even put my E46 on the IS350 itself since both cars have paddle shift gears

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

Thx for appreciating sound modding!:D(A lot of people,it seems,just care about 3D models...personally ,if the model is great ,but the sound is crap,I'd rather drive something "less great" ,but with satisfying engine noise!:D)

It's not so much the audio programs,but the quality of samples themselves(most important) ,how they "take" the conversion(mangling;)) to TDU spec and in the end, how the TDU's audio engine plays them(sometimes I have a nice sounding sample in windows,but in TDU it sounds 50% worse...:().

I think it's too american v8-ish for that,but do what you like.;)

p.s. I plan on making the e46 too if I find nice enough samples...

Well its a beefed up XKR Sound, and like you said a beefed up one fits the E46.

Well its a beefed up XKR Sound, and like you said a beefed up one fits the E46.

That's not entirely true,but soon I'll try to make the e46 version anyway,and until then ,you can try using the skyline's sound maybe,it's an inline 6 also...