We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Mod Testers

vincentswe95

Hi!

You know the new models that comes out on TDUC? How Good Are They?

what about creating a small group of five peapole that test the cars and then the modders can put the test under the presentation of their model. woudnt that be great! The testers discover Bugs, how fun it is to drive quality, performance and handling. this is good for modders and for the downloaders.

How To Join:

Send a post. like "I want to be a member"

Hope fully some modders will check this out.

List of members:

Vincentswe95 (me)

electr0 (only reserved)

Syndycate

2fast4u_dk

Test Example:

This is Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder:

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

And I think this is an very good car. 4 wheel drive keeps you away from crashes and the horsepowers keeps you away from the police. It is a high detail 3D model but sadly It is old. You see there is a new LP560-4 Spyder! hope someone will make this car better... on a face of the "LP"!

Creator: Atari (?)

Replaces: -

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I have experience writing reviews ( I'll use this one as an example: http://speedcarreview.com/?q=node/39 , but there's about a dozen. ), and I'd like to be involved. However, I think that to truly give constructive criticism, you have to know what the modder in question has done/can do in the future to improve the bugs.

Also, keep the availability of the 3D model for the car body/interior in mind. In your example, you state that the LP560-4 is newer - do you happen to have a link to a LP560-4 body? I know this is just an example, but you have to be careful about those things. Also, you can't expect a modder who is retired from modding (ie Tool) to fix the problems stated in your review.

But I'd like to be involved. However, I suggest that the testers try at least once to follow Tool's "Basic Import" guide found HERE before reviewing a model.

Also, I've been meaning to write reviews of 3D mods on my site, but I haven't gotten around to it. But yeah, I'd like to be involved. :) I'll review the Audi R8 as an example. Unless someone takes it first.

EDIT: NEVER MIND, I've decided against it, sorry.

-Leadfoot

Hi!

You know the new models that comes out on TDUC? How Good Are They?

what about creating a small group of five peapole that test the cars and then the modders can put the test under the presentation of their model. woudnt that be great! The testers discover Bugs, how fun it is to drive quality, performance and handling. this is good for modders and for the downloaders.

Definatly IMO! I think rating other peoples mods is just a way of people to either say its crap, or to complain about whats actually wrong with the car that can't be fixed or something.

A good example:

Tool831: BMW E92 M3 - Drives alright, dont like how it replaced the RS4. Headlights don't show. Too high for ride height.

Definatly no a good idea.. This whole thread if people rated peoples cars as bad or watever would really make TDU modding stop.

---------

Edit: *Waits for reaper to reply* :lol:

I find it amusing how Tool is saying most of the same reason's I mentioned... So, naturally, I agree with Tool's earlier post. :)

Count me out, sorry. :( I'll write reviews independently on my site, seeing as I have a better understanding of some of the things that can be fixed and can't be fixed, and (I hope) I have better grammar usage and mechanics.

Also, TDU is a game. So the modders testing is probably going to involve fun, and if they and their friends are going to test a model in-game, then they would be happy to do it themselves. It's not as if driving a model in a few circles in TDU is arduous. :)

-Leadfoot