We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 - Early Concept Art/Ingame Screens (not Official) [!UPDATE #5 2009-07-18]

Eudemon

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with the fuel consumption bit, I dunno how that would work out, since some of the cars that are favorites in the game run out of fuel so fast when driven hard. Case in point: the Mercedes SLR McLaren will empty a full fuel tank in 17 minutes at full throttle. That would make really long races (like Tour of the Island) really interesting, since I don't remember seeing a single gas station during most of the races.

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it

And I know I know I know I know I know I want you

/howifeelrightnow

*continues singing*

These pictures look absulutely epic! It would be so awesome if all of these features actually made it into TDU 2! :excited: Now I just have to start thinking about upgrading my PC. Massively. :cheeky:

THANK YOU BADNED! :D

Anyone recognize the interior and gauges of the car in the shader test?

Tach only goes up to 7000rpm, so it's probably something with a relatively large motor (like a big V8), more than likely American, unless anyone knows of a European or Japanese vehicle that redlines at only 6500rpm. Convertible or roadster, only 2 seats. And that center console looks kinda familiar. I'll take some looks at the cars already in TDU and see if they match, but the possible identity of that car escapes me.

I think the car's an Audi. I'm gonna take a look at the Audi website and look at interior pictures.

Update: The Audi TT Roadster, according to the gauge on a picture on the website, redlines at 6500RPM. So does the A4 Cabriolet. It's not the A4 Cabriolet, since that's got 4 seats. Could be the TT though.

I think the car's an Audi. I'm gonna take a look at the Audi website and look at interior pictures.

Update: The Audi TT Roadster, according to the gauge on a picture on the website, redlines at 6500RPM. So does the A4 Cabriolet. It's not the A4 Cabriolet, since that's got 4 seats. Could be the TT though.

Taking a closer look at the TT, the part between the seats doesn't match.

I don't want to be a downer... but i really don't care about the off road bit... in fact I'd hate it if that becomes the main focus.

When I, and most the people i know, go on TDU, we go around the edge of the map on wide, lazy, open roads. The coast route is not challenging, and in the places it is people crash. Such as the right hander over the bridge north of the caddy dealer, where most people fly past and wake up just as they drive by. This is because on TDU people chill, they drive around in circles at their own pace, chat with friends, and enjoy cars. It's basically a version of Home that's actually fun. Car's take a back seat (no pun intended ;))so much that often people park up in diners and just chat. There's thousands of roads on TDU, but if you mapped the locations of where people drive the drag strip and the coast roads would be packed, the twisties in Tantalus would have 2 cars on it and a hell of a lot of skid marks and smoke.

Yes, mental roads are fun, and there should be loads... but no-one appreciates the fine bits of tarmac up in the mountains to the north east of the island as it is... most people will forget about the mud right off the bat

Looks great - wasn't expecting buggies (just SUVs and such) since there are a few games like this already (Motorstorm, PURE, FUEL, MOTORM4X, etc) but there you go. I was sorta hoping it would be in New Zealand - looking at the screenies that might still be a possibility

I'm liking the Buggy's to be honest will make the game more interesting and add that something that TDU missed out ...

I would like to see the location a fictional place/island where maybe you can have those dirt roads, a few nice mountains, a nice big city, nice open roads and hell even mountains with snow could join the party .... so basically everything to cater for the masses, the 4x4 junkies will be happy with the mountains, the drifters would be happy with the nice twisty roads, the cruisers will be happy with some nice flowing roads ... now that would be sweet :).

If fuel becomes an issue that would be cool because thats one thing that grates on my nerves with TDU after driving 300 miles in one night with a supercar and not having to fuel is abit unrealistic ....

Lets hope E3 provides us with the first official info/pics so we can really get our teeth in to it and wait with excitement like a little kid waiting for Christmas day lol :D.

...those dirt roads, a few nice mountains, a nice big city, nice open roads and hell even mountains with snow could join the party .... so basically everything to cater for the masses, the 4x4 junkies will be happy with the mountains, the drifters would be happy with the nice twisty roads, the cruisers will be happy with some nice flowing roads ... now that would be sweet :).

So you mean Maui, then? :cheeky: Seriously, though, Maui has the landscape features you mentioned. :) Still, any place with those features would be fantastic!

-Leadfoot