We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 - Early Concept Art/Ingame Screens (not Official) [!UPDATE #5 2009-07-18]

Eudemon

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So! I'm glad to introduce! Murcie transforms to Buggy video teaser

Second, I am find an interesting information (translate from russian site):

"

Good news

Well - actually waited more or less plausible "duck".

Some sources spilled information that will super-carpack, "which means megapatch, which will be added to cars that were left in the folder fronted, improved landscape grid, modeling the weather and the plot, and will certainly be called TDU 2, in other matters as and in the case of the last carpack! Here's some confirmation:

Here in the HQ http://upload.chebnet.com/70687

Even the image is "car in action.

At the expense of the landscape grid - the schedule will be changed completely similar to GTA 4, I had in mind - in the old TDU will be used only mesh and lendklass, and it takes somewhere in the 3 GB installed the game.

In inete appeared mysterious video (

), carefully review, screen in theme with Lamborghini and buggy, then understand the meaning of TDU 2!"

Hi guys!

Seriously, I would rather offer realism for a wider spectrum of vehicles to choose from! If Ferrari don't want collision models on their cars in a game screw that, I just want to see it, feel it and drive it - not destroy it! ( Although, that must be fun too :F ) So, I hope that they keep Ferrari rather than skipping them for being careful with their reputation or whatever..

-Thomas : )

Mod Edit: Please do not swear, thanks!

EDIT: is this better? : )

• 4 weeks later...

Thoughts....

I was thinking the game should be more sim like, such as getting out of your car and walking around, there should be people on the streets and food restaurants to eat at. I also think the tuning shops should have a better verity of parts, also HONDAS:thumbsup: should be in the game lol, to me the ultimate game it should have eating in it, sleeping, to be able to walk around, used car lots etc. (on top of whats already thought of. Such as xbox live and off xbox live you should be able to create your own car club and have ppl join. I think things like that will improve the game there's a lot of data to use up. plz get back to me on this. And can any1 tell mi how to get mods on to my 360???? THANKS!!!!!

I was thinking the game should be more sim like, such as getting out of your car and walking around, there should be people on the streets and food restaurants to eat at. I also think the tuning shops should have a better verity of parts, also HONDAS:thumbsup: should be in the game lol, to me the ultimate game it should have eating in it, sleeping, to be able to walk around, used car lots etc. (on top of whats already thought of. Such as xbox live and off xbox live you should be able to create your own car club and have ppl join. I think things like that will improve the game there's a lot of data to use up. plz get back to me on this. And can any1 tell mi how to get mods on to my 360???? THANKS!!!!!

1. Requests about handling and other features should be in the suggestions section below

2. honda won't appear in the game, in bike or car form, they don't like open world racers (hence no honda in MC:LA either)

3. there's already car clubs in TDU, i'm sure they will return

4. although there was quite a lot of room spare on the disk for TDU, but (IIRC) the game itself was quite power hungry, to add more features they would have to make the code more efficient

5. No mods on 360, the way i5 works on the PC is to make the game load a model that the game thinks is car x, but the shape of it is actually car Y, unless you modified the content on the disk itself it would be impossible to change this data

hope that helped :)

I don't mean to be rude but man, get a life! Eating and sleeping in TDU? Come on...to me that would just be a waste of disk space. You want to eat, sleep and walk around just play with GTA IV mate :cheeky:

I do agree with you on more stuff in the shops though, something like, I don't know, Forza, its advanced without being too complicated.

Also, I don't know what all the damage fuss is about...what's the point of having damage :confused:? Its almost impossible not to crash into traffic in TDU since cars sometimes appear out of nowhere. Idk, I remember the guys from Eden saying that they did not include damage in TDU 1 on purpose, simply because they thought that when driving a Lamborghini for example, you'd want to keep it nice and shiny and not full of bumps...TDU is just a game where I really don't miss damage at all.

I don't mean to be rude but man, get a life! Eating and sleeping in TDU? Come on...to me that would just be a waste of disk space. You want to eat, sleep and walk around just play with GTA IV mate :cheeky:

I do agree with you on more stuff in the shops though, something like, I don't know, Forza, its advanced without being too complicated.

Also, I don't know what all the damage fuss is about...what's the point of having damage :confused:? Its almost impossible not to crash into traffic in TDU since cars sometimes appear out of nowhere. Idk, I remember the guys from Eden saying that they did not include damage in TDU 1 on purpose, simply because they thought that when driving a Lamborghini for example, you'd want to keep it nice and shiny and not full of bumps...TDU is just a game where I really don't miss damage at all.

+1 This game doesnt need damage not with the physics and traffic that it has i would like to see different versions of cars for example s4 rs4 avant etc

other thing is when you tune cars at least the could put what they are upgreading exhaust, what parts does it change to make the car better

fuel could be a nice thing but well will have to wait till tdu2 come out...

Damage is a love hate thing as some people want it and others don't. Myself personally don't like seeing a car crashing at high speed with nothing happening to it whereas I know in previous games even upto MCLA that damage when at low speed was overdone and annoying was not fun. BUT the rolling and breaking parts plus the scratches and dents was and it could easily be repaired at a garage on your house.

Possibly a Forza like difficulty bonus scheme could be done, ie if you're running the game with damage then you're winnings are increased also. :D

Like I said though damage is like Marmite, you either love the taste or hate it.

Damage is a love hate thing as some people want it and others don't. Myself personally don't like seeing a car crashing at high speed with nothing happening to it whereas I know in previous games even upto MCLA that damage when at low speed was overdone and annoying was not fun. BUT the rolling and breaking parts plus the scratches and dents was and it could easily be repaired at a garage on your house.

Possibly a Forza like difficulty bonus scheme could be done, ie if you're running the game with damage then you're winnings are increased also. :D

Like I said though damage is like Marmite, you either love the taste or hate it.

True that, I like damage, but in a game where it sort of...makes sense, like forza/gran turismo and all that. I guess the best thing atari/eden could do to satisfy everyone is just set it as an option or something, where you can turn it off while racing with your friends and on when playing solo for example!

As for ferrari not wanting to damage their cars...I agree their acting childish, just like you can't paint their cars the way you want (although you can mod that). But a game like this without Ferrari's...would be hard, at least for me, not that I'm a huge Ferrari-man, but I'd still kind of miss 'em...

I think damage in TDU would make a lot sense. It would make crashing to have consequence. If you drive like maniac and crash into everything, it will cost you, just like in real life. I think ideal place to repair cars would be the fuel stations which could also have "service" part where they repair cars. If your car gets too damaged, you need to call tow truck to take the car to a repair location.

Since a lot of people don't seem to like damage, I think TDU online world could be divided in two. Arcade mode for those who don't like damage and simulation mode for those who want it realistic. In simulation mode at online play you would only see other players who are in simulation mode (and no Ferraris), thus everyone would have damage enabled. In arcade mode online no one would have damage. Everyone would be satisfied.

True that, I like damage, but in a game where it sort of...makes sense, like forza/gran turismo and all that. I guess the best thing atari/eden could do to satisfy everyone is just set it as an option or something, where you can turn it off while racing with your friends and on when playing solo for example!

As for ferrari not wanting to damage their cars...I agree their acting childish, just like you can't paint their cars the way you want (although you can mod that). But a game like this without Ferrari's...would be hard, at least for me, not that I'm a huge Ferrari-man, but I'd still kind of miss 'em...

I like the idea of turning damage on/off. Sometimes if you hate a car, it's fun to launch yourself off a freeway at 100+mph....in a Chevy SSR for example. But I don't want to see my Gallardo all banged up. I like the idea of being able to get out of the car and walk around, but any more freedom than that would be to complicated. Personally, I'd like TDU2 to take on more of a simulation of living the high life with the nice houses, cars, clothes etc. Speaking of which, if clothes are included again, atari/eden needs to rethink their brands. Who wears Ecko? And what's Ben Sherman?? I felt a little gay wearing those designer name brand suits.