We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 - Early Concept Art/Ingame Screens (not Official) [!UPDATE #5 2009-07-18]

Eudemon

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They got the info from me. (note the credit in the first posting anyway)

The only items not shown here is the full screens of the game and map icons (these could be from TDU btw marked as TDU2 on the site) plus the Wolf Red Paint shop that I didn't show as I thought it could have hinted at a level of custom painting (design?) in the next game; though it could simply be yet again something from TDU that was dropped again marked as TDU2. lol

In fact here is the site where the images are from so you can see it for yourself :D

http://sofidp.free.fr/

Wow! Scenery is very Far Cry 2-ish. That's a good thing. ;)

I really hope Atari doesn't cancel this project...

-Leadfoot

I think that half of these pictures photoshop or something like that, especially where the old TV stand and where the machine in the desert, I do not know such a place in the original TDU, but in principle there is not much new, which is nice )))))</span>

The video could quite possibly be a very raw render of a teaser or commercial for TDU2?

It surely fits the quota. We've been seeing off-road concept images, and TDU being a mostly exotic car game?

Though, if it is, it won't be as exciting as not knowing if that's the real teaser.

For Christmas I'll post the Intern Artist's Report about his 3 months working on TDU 2 in 2007 and you will see that he accurately describes that trailer including making the car red.

Supposedly this was to be one of or the announcement trailer.

Dangit!!! Diablo could we have a sneak peek Christmas Eve? Please?

For Christmas I'll post the Intern Artist's Report about his 3 months working on TDU 2 in 2007 and you will see that he accurately describes that trailer including making the car red.

Supposedly this was to be one of or the announcement trailer.

Personally I feel bad for Atari, nothing can be kept a secret.

Maybe that's their fault for having that information publicly available , but one way or the other, we are going to find out.

Well there are reasons why we say Test Drive Next rather than Test Drive Unlimited 2. And the info for anything is out there if you know where to look.

In games it's usually

Copyright & Trademark offices

Ratings Board's

Ex/Employee Portfolios & CV's

Financial Reports

Remember though, that info from 2007 may be scrapped now and they could be going some other direction for the next Test Drive. It's all about what info you can trust though, that's the main thing as it's very easy for someone to claim to know and then have it spread like wildfire.

In terms of names, there's a lot of marketing reasons as well. TDU2 seems fine to use, because we've been saying "TDU" and "Test Drive Unlimited" for three years. However, someone unfamiliar with either game might respond "Huh? Test Drive Unlimited 2? Guess the first one wasn't unlimited enough."

Personally, I always found it annoying when I was searching for TDU2 and always find some idiot's second picture of TDU. Which usually isn't that good. :cheeky:

-Leadfoot

i don't think that's anything to do with a new game :/

for a start it says Test Drive Unlimited 2006 in that picture

and i checked that page, the other 3 pics look very much from the original game

that first one looks like it's from the ford race near the race track :rolleyes:

Today I found some new TDU info in a Hungarian online gamer website. I hope you can understand my english, and this info new.

They write:

"Eden Games already working on Test Drive Unlimited 2 and another new TD game. This game chapter name: High Life. They found this information in Guillaume Le Bris's, game designer cv, who working for Eden Games from 2006 and now making levels for Test Drive High Life. Its probably will be a new game, not the Unlimited 2.

20091227_001.jpg

Source (hungarian) : Gamekapocs.hu