We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Sound

Skepsis

The Corvette is probably the best American sports car, and the new ZR1(will someone mod the Z06>ZR1 please?:nuts:) seriously kicks ass:drool:,but it also has an awesome sounding V8 engine:excited:, which accidentally wasn't so well represented originally in the game...so I took it upon myself to awesomeize:D the sound and make it more fun to squeeze that gas pedal!;)

The end result doesn't satisfy me 100% and it sounds somewhere between Z06 and C6R(not bad in itself),but it's the best I could do with the samples I had so...that's that, enjoy!:cool:

File:

http://files.filefront.com/C6+Z06+audiobnk/;13434510;/fileinfo.html

Some hooning about::D

Z06 example:

p.s. There's couple of glitches in the video which aren't present in the sound itself;) +youtube sucks...

p.p.s. Works great on Saleen S7 too(although you loose the turbos;))

Nice! Worth taking off the titanium exhaust mod!

If you say so.;):)

btw. It seems youtube has retarded HAL9000's brother assigned to processing videos and deciding which is HD and which isn't,as it sometimes decides not to let you display the HD version ,although it's exactly the same quality as the other video which IS available in HD!:mad: ...and it doesn't stop there, you can add on the end of the address line * &fmt=18 * (without asterisks) to watch it in HD,but even then it's some hybrid between standard and HD quality...weird:confused:

I may have Finally found that Vette sound. I owned one for 13 years and although it was an older model I know the sound first hand. TDU sound was not it! and the current mod I have on it lacks the bottom end and true grunt.

So this one gets installed tonight and I doubt I will have to find another.

Thanx!

Definetely my Z06 sound as now. Much better than the original !

And +rep too :)

Edit : I must spread first...grrr

haha:lol: never mind man, it's the thought that counts!;)

I may have Finally found that Vette sound. I owned one for 13 years and although it was an older model I know the sound first hand. TDU sound was not it! and the current mod I have on it lacks the bottom end and true grunt.

So this one gets installed tonight and I doubt I will have to found another.

Thanx!

wow,now I'm impressed and flattered:o;). It's gotta be a high praise coming from an actual Vette owner!:D Maybe it's not that special, owning a Vette in Texas,but in these parts, I've seen it in person maybe 5 times in my lifetime...and that was a standard C4...so thx!

+a little rant: I wish this game didn't have all this stupid limitations,like 4 bit quality instead of 16bit(a lot is lost in the conversion), mono instead of stereo(lots of garbage in the conversion so I try and split the channels and other trickery,but that's not the solution really) ,sometimes game crashes with custom 44100kHz sounds so I use 22kHz(again you loose high sounds and quality),quiet engine level(so you have to amp it up to the point when it starts to distort,although I have all sounds(in game)on half and only engine to full and also transmission sounds to almost mute),it goes on and on...:crying:

originally posted by Skepsis +a little rant: I wish this game didn't have all this stupid limitations,like 4 bit quality instead of 16bit(a lot is lost in the conversion), mono instead of stereo(lots of garbage in the conversion so I try and split the channels and other trickery,but that's not the solution really) ,sometimes game crashes with custom 44100kHz sounds so I use 22kHz(again you loose high sounds and quality),quiet engine level(so you have to amp it up to the point when it starts to distort,although I have all sounds(in game)on half and only engine to full and also transmission sounds to almost mute),it goes on and on...

I hear ya. The game is strangely designed in many instances.

I have the dreaded audio stuttering when driving cars full throttle.

I have the 1.66 patch and it only changed things to worse, but the Megapack is a real culprit in messing up my sound.

Its worse on the louder cars like the Lambo Murc, McLaren F1 LM, and mostly on all the loud engine mods. Its really annoying.

Mostly on the Murc. as it is the original unmodded sound.

Atari never continued to try to resolve the problem...:crying:

originally posted by Skepsis wow,now I'm impressed and flattered. It's gotta be a high praise coming from an actual Vette owner! Maybe it's not that special, owning a Vette in Texas,but in these parts, I've seen it in person maybe 5 times in my lifetime...and that was a standard C4...so thx!

Here in Texas you can find every year vette just about. Why less than a mile from my house family owns a 1970 & 1978. I see C5 & C6's daily. See the same two C6 Z06's throughout the week going to work.

We have an annual Corvette show here every summer. Since they now have Mustang & Viper shows.

I am still waiting for the Lambo & Ferrari shows!

Lotta toys in this area, I have seen every color of 512TR, a few Black Lambo Diablos,many Modenas and the like. All kinds of Vipers.

Saw the same yellow Porsche GT3 twice in one week.

Saw a speed shop modified yellow older Lotus last week.

Last summer saw a green Gallardo on a trailer going to the airport.

4 years ago I saw my first Gallardo(orange) while going to my parent's home.

This place is a virtual playground for sports & exotic cars.

This is the only place I have ever seen a Lambo Countach :drool:driving on the same road as I was. A black 198? Countach, I think the owner was the guy from Origin video game company. He had a house in the area it was traveling and has since owned a black Diablo. Of course Origin got sold many years ago.

Sorry back to subject!

Madpioneer: Yes,I know, that annoying thing is just one of many...I wish the game was more open so it can be truly moded,including the physics by removing the moon gravity and extreme understeer from the otherways pretty solid simulation mode(HC)...and as for your carwatcher's carieer:cheeky:, I can just say I'm jelous cuz we rarely see something really nice around here and also, all American cars are like unicorns in these parts:D...

Shy Guy: I just tried the ZR1 mod and it's good,but not finnished(hope it gets done):(...anyhoo, I remember seeing it when there was nothing changed ,but black painted roof so I forgot about it:o...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using this sound mod in... no, not in Vette Z06 :D I'm using it in Chevy SSR and in Cadillac CTS-V (SSR is using LS2 engine, while CTS-V is using LS6 or LS2 engine. LS2 was used also in '06-'07 Corvette C6 - '08 and newer C6s are using LS3). And you know what? It fits perfect, especially in SSR, it's much much much better than "stock TDU" one :D Of course, magic-map was needed ;)

• 4 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Skepsis i now that you have done Corvetta Z06 sound and it is good (best that i have heard so far)

But can you make the popping in the exhausts more louder you can barley hear it when you are in the inside view

Here are some sample (all the same car) this is the best sounding z06 out there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKn6Adtoyb8&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aLXoo7uAi8&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWJzWq7uxak&feature=channel

• 5 weeks later...