We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Can't install patch or megapack

Swift-R

Hello, I have installed windows vista x64 in my machine and I couldn't for some reason install TDU normally. It gave me an error regarding ISScript11 so I installed ISScript11.msi located in the TDU dvd and I didn't get that error anymore but then when I started setup, it configures the installation but then it says "Installation Ended, The installer was interrupted before TestDrive Unlimited could be completely installed...".

I installed TDU in another machine and copied the Atari folder to my computer and it works. But now I want to install the 1.66A patch + Megapack and both installations keep saying: "There is no Test Drive Unlimited installed on your system".

What can I do?

Help me

Input the registry keys to tell the TDU megapack installer where the main TDU is installed

I, nor anyone here, can tell you the registry keys, as it can be used for illegal purposes. All I can say is "google is your friend"

Can you please explain me exactly what you done to make the megapack work? (I have the same problem "there is no test drive unlimited installed on your system"). Can you write that in a notepad and post it somewere, because you said "it can be used for illegal purposes".

Thanks

• 4 months later...

test drive unlmited megapack question

i downloaded the megapack for TDU but when i try to install it says that : there is no test drive unlimited installed on your system i tryed lookin for the registry keys on google for hours and couldnet find it can someone help

thx

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

the way i would handle that little issue , mmm find the partial folder of tdu in the hardrive or harddrives if more, erase, delete , kill it, and then find any entry keys in the registry, you go there by accesing the Run menu and type regedit comand, is very dangerous situation not to mess it, find the software key folder and get the tdu folder,right click and delete it, before reinstall the game, find any issue with your mobo (motherboard) maker get the latest patches for it, I can see you have a MSI board very solid usually, but sometimes they got some bugs, and reinstall and patch it, do not interrupt the installation process specially if having weak processors, if that fails, re install the operating system, tdu is worth the headache, back up any important files, like sound, ethernet, . good luck.

hey i had the same prob .. but mine TDU is not install i just dl it and run .exe and play:] . and now i want to run the patch but i can't because it says me that,, there is no TDU not installed etc ,, . i've try to much ( googling and more ) and i think that if i have the registry(.reg) of TDU to import it at my PC maybe works ... any help ??? plzz...

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

What anyone thinks that this is a subject of miss use is completely wrong. I have posted this on the official site many times before Atari went down.

These are not registry keys and can be deleted with out consequences. A Re-Install can then be proceeded with out problems.

Keys can be found and "DELETED" for re-install are as follows;

WinXP and below:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Test Drive Unlimited\CDKey.txt - Game

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Test Drive Unlimited\Addon.txt - MegaPack

WinVista and Above: Sorry I do not know. I don't have TDU installed on anything else other than WinXp.

P.S. These have nothing to do with Cracking, Hacking, or any of the sorts. These files only validate the installed item(Game, Addon).

These files WILL NOT UNINSTALL if you try to uninstall the game. So these files have to be searched for and deleted manually.

Have a nice day!

Quake