We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU BOV Pack 5.1 + bugfree RUF's

Killall

TDU blow off valve mod made by -Killall-

This mod adds a blow off valve sound to TDU cars wich have turbos in real life. No gearbox replacement sounds or whatever, just a nice BOV sound when u release gass at high rpm's. The turbo humm has also been modified. There's about 6 different BOV sounds spread out over these cars. U might notice some small sound changes to certain cars aswell.

Last but not least.. BUGFREE RUF's :) No more sputtering sound or too low sound volume from your RUF's. Big thanks to PolloxdaBollox who made this all happen. We shared our work and this is the result of it. I hope u like it.

http://hyperfileshare.com/d/60c83866

http://rapidshare.com/files/219451047/TDU_BOV_Pack_5.1.rar.html

New movie:

Old movie:

Don't forget to BACKUP your TDUgamefolder/Euro/Bnk/sound/vehicules folder first!

Extract all files u wish to replace to your TDUgamefolder/Euro/Bnk/Sound/Vehicules .

Here is the list of cars that have been modified.

Official turbo charged cars with BOV:

-Nissan 350Z Nismo (turbo)

-Audi S4 Cabriolet 2004 (twin-turbo)

-Chrysler ME FOUR-TWELVE 2004 (turbo V12)

-GM (Saturn™) Sky™ 2007 (turbo)

-Jaguar XJ220 – 1993 (turbo)

-Mercedes SL 65 AMG 2004 (twin turbo)

-Noble M12 GTO-3R 2004 (turbo)

-Noble M14 – 2005 (twinturbo)

-Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo Current (twinturbo)

-Edonis (quadturbo)

-Ferrari F40 (twinturbo)

-Nissan Skyline GTR R34 (turbo)

-Noble M400 (twinturbo)

-Spyker C8 Spyder T (turbo)

-RUF Rt 12 (twinturbo)

-RUF Rturbo (turbo)

-Lotus Espirit (twin turbo)

Extra cars with BOV:

-Farboud Supercharged GTS Prototype 2005 (supercharged)

-GM (Cadillac®) XLR-V™ 2005 (supercharged)

-Jaguar XKR Coupe 2005 (supercharged)

-McLaren SLR Mc Laren Current (supercharged)

-Chrysler Crossfire® SRT-6 coupe (supercharged)

-Chrysler Crossfire® SRT-6 Roadster (supercharged)

-Koenigsegg CCR (supercharged)

-RUF RK Spyder (supercharged)

-RUF RGT (supercharged)

-TVR T440R

-McLaren F1 GT

-McLaren F1

Modified humm: Extract common.bnk to TDUgamefolder/Euro/Bnk/sound/vehicules and replace the common.bnk there.

Alternative: Replace the sound file yourself;

You will need to find Turbo_2.wav inside common.bnk found in TDUgamefolder/Euro/Bnk/sound/vehicules/common.bnk and replace it yourself with the sound file provided in this mod.

Extra credits: To the various car sound modders I missed out of wich cars I applied my BOV sound on.

Bugfixes:

4.1: Fixed popping issues on 350Z, added a working RUF t12 BOV version.

4.2: Adjusted BOV volumes on the Skyline, Nobles and Jag XJ220. Major overhaul on the TVR t440r.

5.0: Lots of changes and bugfixes, pitched up the Ruf's a bit.

5.1: Upgraded sound quality on Saleen S7, tweaked the Ruf sound (off files lower volume), added correct Jag XKR sound file.

P.S.: I know I posted my old pack in a old thread wich was a bit messy. I hope it's no problem I made this new thread for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the pack, considering you are a expert in BOV sounds, could you please make an Edonis sound??:o

You can use this video as a reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KmDK6a3Jcs

Thanks anyway.:thumbsup:

Sorry for my english if it's wrong,I'm brazilian.

If is there a sound in your pack that is similar of the edonis sound,tell me.

Thank you for the pack, considering you are a expert in BOV sounds, could you please make an Edonis sound??:o

You can use this video as a reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KmDK6a3Jcs

Thanks anyway.:thumbsup:

Sorry for my english if it's wrong,I'm brazilian.

If is there a sound in your pack that is similar of the edonis sound,tell me.

Im no expert.. this is sumething any of u can do.. if u have the right program for editing/saving. I can add the kind of BOV sound to Edonis that u like, the Jaguar XKR/Lotus Espirit of my pack has a sound like it. I can pitch the BOV sound lower or higher. Ill see if i can make one when i got time. Ill post it here as a seperate file.

@CorbaDBlade In the Common.bnk in the vehicules/sounds folder there are sounds that emulate the wastegate/supercharger sounds. I think it would be possible to edit these. The problem lies as in what im to use for editing. Getting a clean wastegate/supercharger sound for use along with the default engine sounds would be hard to find. Even harder to make it sound good.

Maybe a good challange for another modder here?

• 8 months later...

Could you tell me, how do you create these sounds? How can i create a sound mod like this? And how can i change the turbo charging by and RPM stat? I want a lower charging sound in a lower RPM, like a real car with a turbo in the real life, like Volkswagen TDI-s, in lower RPM-s if you put off your foot from the pedals the charging power goes down and you can hear a beautifull BOV Valve sound by lower RPM, i want this feeeling (sry for bad english im from hungary, i hope you can understand what i sad)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...