We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Porsche 917 (with help from Frank Weinberg)

Reventon

I am unofficially announcing today that the Porsche 917 will be coming to TDU. The Porsche 917 is considered one of the greatest racecars ever built. It was first used in the 1969 Le Mans series. It still remians one of the best.

Thanks to Frank Wienberg (of Oahu Independent Tuners), the mesh of the 917 will be here sometime within the next 3 weeks or so. Once he finishes the mesh, I will take over with the texturing and mapping.

I can't tell yet which car it will replace, I will have to do some research first to determine that.

2ai592v.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/joshpettry/Car/Europe/German/Porsche/917/Porsche917x70xGulf.jpg

Here are the first pictures of the mesh. Thanks again Frank!

capture_04192009_1758492z8.jpg

capture_04202009_17272aqa0.jpg

Nice, I'm guessing it'll replace something like the McLaren F1GT? Can't wait for this, good luck. :thumbsup:

Yeah, it has to be something pretty fast. The 917 had 1580hp (yes, I know O.O) with qualifying tuning and about 1100-1200hp with race tuning. It could reach a top speed of nearly 250mph too. Quite impressive from a 1970s car, eh? Way ahead of it's time in my opinion.

;183193']Yepp im definetly on with this , it is in Work but will take some Time

and reventon please Swich the "ei" in my backname to "ie"

The first Pic of the Mesh :

capture_04192009_1758492z8.jpg

Greetz

Frank

Great Frank! Thanks for the update. And I'll be sure to fix your name ;).

Im confused...

Is this your mod of Franks?

This is how i see it:

You requested it and frank agreed to make it but you want your name in there and to get modder status. As you said you had 0 modeling experience how are you able to help frank? So if its his mod why hasn't he made the thread...

Im confused...

Is this your mod of Franks?

This is how i see it:

You requested it and frank agreed to make it but you want your name in there and to get modder status. As you said you had 0 modeling experience how are you able to help frank? So if its his mod why hasn't he made the thread...

Yeah, I wondered the same...

No, he is making the mesh. I asked for some help, so he is giving me help by making the mesh. But I am going to do the texturing and mapping. So it's about a 50/50 job. I don't care about modder status, I'm not a modder. That would be arrogant anyway.

it could replace the Edonis?

It could if I had the Edonis.

First i wanna say :

This is not my mod , and this will never be my mod , while i like Porsche not so much ,

To the Mesh i do it not only for Him i'll do it for Everyone who want's to try it , so if i'm done with this you all can download the z3d file ( ZMod 2.2.1 Format !! ) including the mesh and try it yourself as long you gave credit to me :D , but i think that is normal here to respect the work of maybe one month , by writing a few Words to the Creator .

Here the Next Pic :

capture_04202009_17272aqa0.jpg

I'll go on , maybe in 2 or 3 Weeks ( hopefully ) i'm done

Greetz

Frank

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...