We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Mach 5

MaddogK

It's extremely rough but not bad (IMHO) for my first weekend working with an unfamiliar program that keeps crashing (zmodeller), but I've moved the entire project to max 7 where I'm comfortable. I haven't decided weather I'll continue playing with zmodeller, or have someone else export it for me. I'll export the rims tonight and see where I'm at. At least the sample zmodeller model answered some questions as my thread requesting node defs vanished. Thanks mods.

Rims are basically done: still need to resize to fit the new car, and the knock-offs still appear a bit oversized but after MANY hours of trying to figure out how to do chrome it all came together a few minutes ago. 300 kph= 186.4 mph, so the Corvette C6 seems like the perfect donor car to build on (since a few kits have actually been made for the R/L vette), I wouldn't wanna hack the Z06 up since most who own both drive the Z06 more anyway. thoughts ?

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

heh, that an offer to assist ? Trial and error on an unfamiliar game is a pain.

I think I'm undersampling my bumpmap, I'm using 4x, 0-22, inverted x and y. What are the 'others' using ?

Hmm, where did I put that map for the above pic ? At least I'm moving on to the car, wish me luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Initial test exports are going well considering a stray face gets flipped occasionally, but the hi-poly body model and floor are placed. I didn't realize I need to build a complete lo-poly model but I think I'll get the hi-poly cockpit installed before I worry about anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya got me during a test drive, I did a major revision yesterday so I didn't have time to retune my normals as you can see, but as often as I abandon bodywork for cockpit building I go back to tweeking the body. Maybe I'll have a releasable beta together in a couple months, but that depends on how detailed I get with the cockpit, and of course finding a suitable engine sound as I don't feel a CD rip of sound effects would be of the quaility I'm seeking. You did notice it's been substantially downsized to fit the C6 frame- otherwise the car would be close to 26 feet long (closer to 30 as post #10 shows). Oh, and my missing faces turned out to be flipped edges on some poly's during export- they're all showing now. Doors and windows also work as they should and I may try the glass roof (retractable) on another chassis as the C6 doesn't have a drop-top.

Here's the car in silver with semi-fixed normals:

Video:

d915e-4.jpg