We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ford GT & Ford Mustang Sound

Skepsis

Mustang pushing past 5k rpm.

hey skepsis, love your work, i have the sound mod of your Pagni, and i know that in your Intro, you talk about how to make that sound file push higher then the stock RPM, now with the new Shelby KR out, i was wondering if theres anyway to make the sound on the gr-1 shelby converted to the Stock Ford Gt mustang, for that KR it sounds nice and would give the dash RPM a good feel, i wanted to know if this was possable, and if soo how would i go about doing as iv tried the same tech's on the pagni trick with the farbound, but no luck so far.:confused:

make one 4 the shelbe GT500KR plz :)

tool making the gt500kr no?

mod edit: Please don't double post.

I don't have specific samples and these are pretty damn close,so I don't think I'll make special version when the engine(gt500kr) is sort of mix between parts of mustang gt and ford gt and that's what this sound already is...maybe I'll just experiment with supercharger whine...not promising anything;)

hey skepsis, love your work, i have the sound mod of your Pagni, and i know that in your Intro, you talk about how to make that sound file push higher then the stock RPM, now with the new Shelby KR out, i was wondering if theres anyway to make the sound on the gr-1 shelby converted to the Stock Ford Gt mustang, for that KR it sounds nice and would give the dash RPM a good feel, i wanted to know if this was possable, and if soo how would i go about doing as iv tried the same tech's on the pagni trick with the farbound, but no luck so far.:confused:

You can't go higher than a specific car's rev limit,only thing you can do is to bodyswap mustang onto some other car that revs higher.ie. put the mustang over xkr,then put my ford gt sound over xkr's and there you go,6500rpm with "supercharger effect". regarding gr1's sound,I started with that sound when I made mustang gtr/clk dtm sound,so if you want,you can put gt500 over gtr and put that sound and then you'll have 7000rpms(that sound goes up to 7500). btw ford gt sound tops at 6500rpms ,so puting that sound on something that goes over 6500 means sound stalls at 6500 although the needle goes further. Hope this clarifies things a bit.:)

Yeah +1 for making a GT500 Sound. Anyway if you want to make it, I can ask permission from the original author that made it for SA.

http://gta-worldmods.t-n-network.de/phpkit/start/include.php?path=content/download.php&contentid=3944&PHPKITSID=bcc7a44d057660f5c53e7be0bfb22b1d

I DLed that, and those are basically samples of car accelerating and that's useless in tdu. GTA just "plays" the samples,whereas TDU's sound engine uses constant(at certain pitch)samples which then transposes up and down through the scale/pitch/rpms and mixes them on the fly. Starting from idling sample through low,mid and finishing on high(sometimes even very high)sample. That's why it's rather tricky making the sounds for tdu comparing to gta,you've got to have steady sample loops of certain pitches throughout the rpms and for that you also need to hear tones so your transitions from idle>low>mid>high and back(off samples) sound natural. In a nutshell,it's anything ,but easy ,making good quality sounds...:cool:

You can take the Samples apart and put them onto a car that revs higher than the sound will rev higher, sometimes it doesn't work(I tried giving an SLR sound a Supercharger whine by putting it on the Vanquish, the sound sounded weird)

You can take the Samples apart and put them onto a car that revs higher than the sound will rev higher, sometimes it doesn't work(I tried giving an SLR sound a Supercharger whine by putting it on the Vanquish, the sound sounded weird)

You can't JUST put the samples onto another car's "sound skeleton" ,because almost every car has all the samples at different pitches and with different "spaces" between them(that's why it sounded "weird" to you). I could pitch shift them to fit another car,but pitch shifting distorts the samples and the greater difference between the original pitch and desired pitch,more the distortion and overall crappiness;). So that's why I won't do it like that. I would have to do it anew to get the same quality as this one...

Thanks

Thanks man. ill try it out now. also, i dont know if you're into The Body styles, but i did put that Shelby KR skin over the shelby Gr-1 and man does it look sick, it sits lower and it sound nice, But the only problem is the Driving view is all messed up. but anyway thanks man :)

"The Body styles"?:confused: It's not skin(texture) that you're putting on,but whole 3d model including the "skin" and it's called bodyswaping.;)

The thing with the views was always a problem,but now it seems,with new tdu tools by Djey,it will soon be resolved!:)

Guest Sgt.Kanyo

Well I dunno if it helps (I hope so), but there are a lots of Dyno runs with the GT500.

This sounds pretty good.

EDIT: Oh maybe a better one:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zMZx8V2rLo

I hope I can help

EDIT2: Sorry guys I just can't stop listening to this: Here's a HD interior sound (if it's needed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoitf...eature=channel

(I thought I could use those words (O.o) with the * symbol)

• 2 weeks later...

That guy?:confused: That guy??:eek: It's his holliness,the great ruler of everything car related, Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear fame himself ,my young padowan,shame on you!:stinks:

Seriously,if you're into cars and you didn't watch any Top Gear episodes ,there's something wrong with you.;):D

As for that video,that's from Clarkson's DVD "The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly".:cool:

p.s. Thank you!:D

Sorry that i did not know your boyfriends name.

is just brilliant sound!

and before heard it, i thought the ford gt original sound was the best, but now, i heard this one and is better and 100% real!!! omg

im gonna download it for my ford gt xD ( now i cant because im on the notebook, i will do it later when im on the pc)

Now just remains the Ford GTX1 mod xD

Good job ^^

Of course,there's not much difference between gt500 and gt engines,so they sound similar too;)

So then do you recommend the FORD GT sound is best for the GT500KR? Does your Mustang sound have supercharger or not, because the GT500KR is supercharged. If your Mustang sound is not supercharged, then the GT sound will be better for GT500KR. ;)

no,it's not supercharged,use the gt sound,but it must be on a car with turbo to...hear the turbo;)

p.s. I was thinking of trying to add the supercharger sound,but I can't find that kind of whine anywhere(just the whine,without the engine)...

no,it's not supercharged,use the gt sound,but it must be on a car with turbo to...hear the turbo;)

p.s. I was thinking of trying to add the supercharger sound,but I can't find that kind of whine anywhere(just the whine,without the engine)...

Oh I'm confused, the FORD GT only has supercharger so how does it have turbo? What do you mean use the GT sound on a turbo car? :confused: I want to use the GT sound for the FORD GT & GT500KR. ;)

Oh I'm confused, the FORD GT only has supercharger so how does it have turbo? What do you mean use the GT sound on a turbo car? :confused: I want to use the GT sound for the FORD GT & GT500KR. ;)

TDU defines the sound of any forced induction (turbocharging and supercharging) as the "turbo" sound, so basically if you want to use a sound with the spool up of a turbo or supercharger, then you have to put the sound on a car that has a turbo or supercharger on it. I hope that makes sense. It's late for me and I may not be too good at explaining right now :zzz:

TDU defines the sound of any forced induction (turbocharging and supercharging) as the "turbo" sound, so basically if you want to use a sound with the spool up of a turbo or supercharger, then you have to put the sound on a car that has a turbo or supercharger on it. I hope that makes sense. It's late for me and I may not be too good at explaining right now :zzz:

Ok then I can use the sound on the FORD GT & GT500KR, because they have superchargers. ;) They suit supercharged Ford V8's. :D

Cobra explained it perfectly,but I don't think you quite got it.;)

In practice,use ford gt sound on ford gt and again,use ford gt sound on the gt500 which you must place on a car which either has supercharger or turbo originally,like jaguar xkr(fits nicely and has similar performance/handling). I hope it's clear now.

p.s. just in case;),if you put the ford gt sound on an normally aspirated engine,then there will be no turbo/supercharger effect. there.

Cobra explained it perfectly,but I don't think you quite got it.;)

In practice,use ford gt sound on ford gt and again,use ford gt sound on the gt500 which you must place on a car which either has supercharger or turbo originally,like jaguar xkr(fits nicely and has similar performance/handling). I hope it's clear now.

p.s. just in case;),if you put the ford gt sound on an normally aspirated engine,then there will be no turbo/supercharger effect. there.

Yeah I get it, you use the sound for either turbo or supercharger. ;) The FORD GT & GT500KR has superchargers, so they should work perfectly! :D