We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Family Guy movie is under way

Nodz86

Family Guy movie is under way

'It’s just a question of finding the time'

familyguy-peter.gif

Plans for a Family Guy movie are well under way, creator Seth MacFarlane has revealed.

He told Wired magazine that he knows what form the film would take, and distributors Fox are keen to have it released – but added that finding time to work on it alongside the TV show was proving difficult.

‘We want to do it. Fox wants it. We know what we want to do with it. It’s just a question of finding the time,’ he said. ‘That’s why The Simpsons took so many years to do theirs. They just couldn’t fit it into the schedule.

’ ‘We’re in the early stages right now. There’s so much to do for a weekly animated series — twice as much as you have to do for a live-action show. So, we’re finding time where we can.’

Source

Family Guy is crap imo compared to The Simpsons. And tbh FG is only a baby compared to The Simpsons and those guys knew the time was right for a movie, FG seems to be doing their usual in copying them by doing exactly the same.

I watched FG with my little cousin when he was up around Christmas and he found it hilarious and asked why I wasn't laughing as much with him and I said I've heard most of the jokes before from older episodes of The Simpsons.

I think most people who grew up with The Simpsons don't actually find much funny with Family Guy due to the seen that before copy play that they do. The ambulance joke on the cliff is a prime example!

with the movie underway that would explain why the new season of FG has thus far, for lack of a better term, stunk like a pile of manure. FG used to be funny, but now it just feels like MacFarlane is using it for his personal soapbox. And I'm not the only one that I know who feels that way. All of my friends and family who watched the show feel the same. In fact, some have stopped watching it altogether and think that there may be one more season left in it before it gets canceled.

I love Family Guy, so much so I've got all 7 seasons on DVD, but the thing is, i don't think it's time for a movie. Where would it leave the series? It could carry on for years despite what people say, after all some series of The Simpsons have been a bit rubbish, but a movie could be the end. As for already having a movie, the story of Stewie focused on just him primarily and therefore isn't really classed as a full Family Guy movie.