We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GT5: More features announced

Nodz86

The head of the GT series has announced weather, night racing on top of the already announced damage physics. Apparently if you do a 24hr race you can predict the weather over the time of the race. This game is going to be great when it finally gets here

http://www.gtplanet.net/weather-changes-night-racing-in-gran-turismo-5/#more-1756

Just have to wait until E3 now to find out what GT5 and Forza 3 are going to bring to the table. I just wonder if Forza 3 is going to be a big improvement over Forza 2, there's only so much you can do in two years. I won't be complaining if both are good :).

Can't wait for E3 either, mainly for TDU2 info, hoping there will be at least a trailer of some kind! :D

Forza 3 is on 2 discs, don'tchaknow. ;) (That's crap spread by Forza fanboys btw)

2 discs *shudders at the thought of that*, saying that though, I wouldn't mind knowing how much of GT5 is going to come on the disc and how much will be DLC. I can't tell you how much I hate DLC because it makes the developers sloppy with the finished products because they know they can just release a patch to fix it and they can also charge you for things that should of been in the game from the start. I don't know if many of you will like this but http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174186 :( ooops.

Regarding the Atari pull out, there is still some hope.

"Although we feel E3 benefits the entire games business, we are very focused around other selling and marketing initiatives for our upcoming Ghostbusters, Champions Online and other to be announced titles."

Are they pulling out of their private booths too, or just the public stands?

Actually don't answer that, way off topic. Although it's what you could call a "spin off" topic, but I doubt they are allowed here. :o

I'd rather get the "full" version so that you don't end up wasting a ton of HDD space, although won't you have to install GT5 to the HDD to play it anyway? hehehehehe

Seriously though, consoles are supposed to be plug and play, not they are getting more and more like PC's, eventually we will need to be buying anti-virus software for them too. :p

Anyone have any idea when they are releasing GT5?

Anyone have any idea when they are releasing GT5?

Your guess is as good as mine :cheeky:, there has been so many release dates thrown around that i've lost track lol, possible christmas 2009 (I think not :(), possible 2010 release (I think is possible). You never know though, i'm just waiting for E3 because we should get some more info.

I think what Amar said in that cryptic message on GTPlanet should be the info released at E3 but in a non cryptic format :rolleyes:, and maybe some screenshots with a video or two thrown on top. Well thats what i'm hoping for :).

All I can say for certain is that when GT5 is released I will buy it, play it and enjoy it :thumbsup:.

• 2 months later...

yay, oil change, the most fun and non-tedious experience in a racing game has returned, this will surely add to the game. :D good going polyphony

it's a shame they didn't mention that fancy new feature where they let you extend the finishing point of a race for twice as long as it normally takes, allowing the competition to cruise by, whilst you enjoy going at your own pace without a care in the world, burning through your resources all the while.

interesting: youtube output.

that's about it... =/

Don't board the Fail train just yet tool. There's a rumor going around that the 170 "high detail" cars refer to all the cars the testers at Gamecon & other places had to use in thier Preview version of the game. So there just may be 1000 "High detail" cars in GT 5 :D