We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tool831: Tweaking your HUD needles

Tool831

Hello, this is how to adjust your custom HUD. This will show you how to change the rev limit and speedo adjustment, instead of reusing TDU's rev and speedo positions.

------------------------------------------

Tool you need:

Notepad

Djeys modding tools

1: Make your custom HUD.

[For example: Mine is stock Toyota supra hud (Unfinished)]

untitled1_13.jpg

Once finished your HUD you'll notice that your car either shifts to early or goes way over your rev counter. Extract HUD.ini and open with notepad

It will look like something like this:

untitled2.jpg

3: It's all about trial and error, change only 'Val_max' values and save and import into TDU and everytime you make a change you need to close TDU and reload it.

Please note: KMH is different to MPH! You can't just make them the same number.

This is what mine looks like.

untitled4.jpg

What that has done, is instead of XKR needles shifting on 7 thousand RPM on my custom RPM gauge has changed the needle to shift on 6 thousand RPM by raising the number '8500' then normal '7500' :cool:

With the speedo it requires alot more adjusting and patience, to get it really accurate you need to change the whole number and keep lowering the number or raising it. In the end you will get it accurate. :)

Good luck! I hope this can expand people doing custom HUD etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

ori_max is also adjustable tool

it's the maimum turn the needle makes in degrees so: if you're making a tottally new mod and you want it to be perfect just get a geo triangle and measure it.

Then put the speed (or revs) you measured in the val_max.

taa daa your own working gauge

(you must count the fact that the gauges don't fit on the car then yu must look up there)

• 2 weeks later...

The numbers are in degrees. You can use GIMP's rotate tool, which can rotate to .1 of a degree or smaller, to figure out what degree measurements you need.

That said, the MAX position is relative to the MIN position. The MIN position is relative to the gauge type, meaning that a reading of 0 on the source gauge type is equivalent to 0 degrees - negative values are allowed when necessary.

This, of course, adds the possibility of having upside-down gauge needles or something crazy like that, assuming you can find a gauge type that will look good for something like that. 8) In fact, you may even be able to make the gauges move backwards, but figuring that out (and finding out whether or not that would work, as opposed to crash the game) is left as an exercise to you guys. Unless, of course, I decide to try it if I get bored sometime. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Maybe I Add a information for Step 3

You do not need to restart TDU

You can edit your HUD.INI and import it to your BNK

All you need now to do is to go to your house and then into your garage.

That way TDU will reread the BNK files. (with speeds up the process)

Thet map mode wont be enogth, alternatively you can go inside a showroom as well to trigger the reload of the BNKs

Thanks mate... you saved me... My impreza's hud was perfect, but really inaccurate, now that I've done what you said I managed to fix it, and now is really perfect... Anyway to fix the interior hud, not the draw but the car hud, the one in the impreza_I.bkn?? because some cars has the mph hud, and Im driving kph so the needle kinda spin xD