We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Which is the best NFS (Need For Speed)? :D

T0M722

Hey Everyone,

I was playing Need For Speed: Most Wanted the other day and i was thinking (thinking: actually a first for me) what is the best NFS game out of all? I've played: Hot Pursuit 2, Underground, Underground 2, Most Wanted, Carbon, Pro Street and new game Undercover.

Which one is the best i think? I think the title goes to either Most Wanted or Undercover..Both very good games.:thumbsup::)

The first '94 NFS was the revolutionary 3D driving game at that time, therefore u could say it was the best at the series. In terms of driving realism, '00 Porsche Unleashed is the best by miles. All others are only average and bad driving games.

Average were: '97 V-Rally, '98 Hot Pursuit, '99 V-Rally2, '99 High Stakes, '02 Hot Pursuit2, Underground1&2, '05 Most Wanted...(the last decent one)

Bad were: '97 NFS2, '01 MotorCity, '06 Carbon, '07 ProStreet, '08 Undercover

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 FTW!

"Control we are in pursuit of a vehicle moving at a high rate of speed"

"Understood patrol, anymore information on the vehicle?"

"He flew past me, vehicle is going 120 plus. Vehicle is a purple Lamborghini Diablo, I'm in pursuit"

"Understood patrol, vehicle is a purple Lamborghini Diablo"

Good times, besides the bombs and missiles which where, as you leet kids say "ghey".

• 2 weeks later...

Everything after Hot Pursuit 2 has been disappointing, NFS was always about exotics tearing it up round exotic locations and then latter on the pursuits were added which were what NFS was fundamentally about. All that tuner, drifting, drag crap just destroyed the series and imo Shift will probably be a good game but it's not a NFS, it should be it's own IP.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

underground 1 was like OMFG wow at the time although the game made me realise how rice i liked things.... thats changed,

underground 2 had so much modifying potential, also introduced touge, loved that. drifting was further butchered although physics seemed to be completely diff on the mountain

Most Wanted i couldnt go that slow for the cops to keep up, NO gtr's, no drifting, modifications cut by 3/4 = fail

carbon was okay car physics wer a bit ****. i think that was when they introduced the weird white stripes thingys coming from your car. drifting was fun for first 2 seconds.

cars can be slightly more modified than most wanted.

pro street huge fail on circuit physics. drag racing i loved although wheelie comps are a bit weird but funny doing a 403 meter wheelie on a 400 meter strip. drifting i love.

introduction of the s15 yumm. loved how you can make your car your own d1 looking car by accident. most bodykits are a fail though. and the fact you could only but bucket seats on one side which resulted in s15s and r34s have bucket seats on the passenger side.