We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

NASCAR::whats sooo good about it?

T0M722

I've always loved NASCAR, but I never saw a whole race because they don't show it on TV and I haven't found a online stream yet..

I used to watch F1, but now I'm getting bored.. I usually only watch the start and then check later on who has won.. Currently, there is always the same guy who wins. Other then that the races aren't exciting anymore, if someone wins, then by an edvance of +/- 10seconds..

Now to NASCAR.. First of all I prefer the V8 sound by far. What I also love is that there's side by side beating and banging at 200mph with cars that dont grip.

In NASCAR the leader change so often, which makes it so exciting. NASCAR has excitment, F1 not anymore

I'd just love to be able to watch the NASCAR races every sunday

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used to watch NASCAR all the time when i was 5. but around the age of 10 it started to get old so i stopped caring. i love F1 i've been i love since the 2004 season and cannot wait for the US Grand Prix next year. i also watch a lot of ALMS(American Le Mans) and been to the grand prix in Long Beach a couple of times.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I've always loved NASCAR, but I never saw a whole race because they don't show it on TV and I haven't found a online stream yet..

I used to watch F1, but now I'm getting bored.. I usually only watch the start and then check later on who has won.. Currently, there is always the same guy who wins. Other then that the races aren't exciting anymore, if someone wins, then by an edvance of +/- 10seconds..

Now to NASCAR.. First of all I prefer the V8 sound by far. What I also love is that there's side by side beating and banging at 200mph with cars that dont grip.

In NASCAR the leader change so often, which makes it so exciting. NASCAR has excitment, F1 not anymore

I'd just love to be able to watch the NASCAR races every sunday

I stream the races in high quality every Sunday on Justin.TV (as well as the Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series races, and other stuff occasionally).

Once again Necroposting... But NASCAR is an extremely competitive, contact sport. F1 goes around a track with no contact and Vettel winning all the time... yeah, great sport.

^^^ This.

Anywho, I know that this post is late, but the championship race was excellent. The championship came down to the last 20 laps for the top two contenders. If you haven't watched it, torrent it (search for NASCAR 2011 round 36), or just watch the replay of my live stream on JTV: Justin.tv

As per the boring statement, yes, a lot of the races nowadays are boring because the tracks are a bit too generic and offer nothing challenging or interesting (Pocono, Auto Club, etc).

• 1 month later...

I like it for the cars, Nascar cars sound cool and there's something about their build-up which I like, including the shape of the bodywork, a nice big 2-door basic shell. I really would like to have one with a plaincolored body in a private collection if I could.

• 4 years later...

:hmmm: Do these cars not have brakes or something? There are a few times where you'd think you'd try and slow down or change course to limit any impact in those videos but the reaction times didn't seem amazing haha

Absolutely crazy, and is that your iphone going off in the background a few times? :p

:hmmm: Do these cars not have brakes or something? There are a few times where you'd think you'd try and slow down or change course to limit any impact in those videos but the reaction times didn't seem amazing haha

Absolutely crazy, and is that your iphone going off in the background a few times? :p

When you're going 200MPH, it still takes forever to stop. It's usually best to hold your line or make minor maneuvers around the wrecks, since you have 20 other people around you trying to do the same thing.

Those were various Windows 10 notifications :).

I don't know.. it just seems like a sport for people who want to watch crashes. Without them you're watching cars drive left for a few hours. :shrug:

That can be same for every other motorsport, except just that they can turn left and right.

Talladega is just one of those tracks where this type of thing is to be expected. But at smaller tracks where crashes don't happen often, they've been great to see so far this season (yes, left turns can be exciting). Great close, photo finishes, tons of passing and close racing. A season hasn't started out this good in years.

That can be same for every other motorsport, excited that they turn left and right.

Talladega is just one of those tracks where this type of thing is to be expected. But at smaller tracks where crashes don't happen often, they've been great to see so far this season (yes, left turns can be exciting). Great close, photo finishes, tons of passing and close racing. A season hasn't started out this good in years.

Right but that's the thing, other races aren't just a circle, they're a series of different corners which can each be a challenge of their own - then you have other drivers trying to pass them on these corners, etc etc. And then you have rallying, which is in a whole other league. "Here's a really tight road, with slippy surfaces, and you have to depend on some guy sitting next to you to tell you what way to go before you can even see it" :lol:

Right but that's the thing, other races aren't just a circle, they're a series of different corners which can each be a challenge of their own - then you have other drivers trying to pass them on these corners, etc etc.

NASCAR tracks also have all of that. The ovals have varying degrees of banking, different surfaces, different length of turns and straightaways, etc. Average speeds in the turns are generally very high. And don't forget that you have 39 other cars around you trying to pass at speeds in excess of 170MPH. You won't find a single driver who thinks they're all the same to drive.

I think because the aerodynamics and steering rack are tuned to go left as fast as possible, evasive actions (which will require some sort of right turn) will cause major instability issues anyway, especially when you factor in the aero effects of all the other surrounding cars.