We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

NASCAR::whats sooo good about it?

T0M722

Hey,

I was playing TDU today and i came across this guy that loved NASCAR, he and I had an argument about NASCAR and i think that it's quite easy and it doesn't involve any skill like D1 drifting or something.

This is my opinion and you can agree or not but i truly think that a dog could sit in the seat of a NASCAR and give it a good go.:thumbsup:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RB26DETT

i watch nascar and i do enjoy it but i'm not a die hard fan. i like the sense of speed and overtaking and the sound of those v8's. mmmmm... v8...

Of course it involves skill, have you seen how close those cars get at high speeds? overtaking isnt easy, i don't think you need as much skill as an F1 driver or anything like that, but its not a walk in the park

O and i'm not a fan of nascar, just never got into watching it

I shall enter with this

:thumbsup:

And leave with a few words.

Nascar does take skill to drive when your racing a 800HP car at 200mph with a few feet between a driver behind, to the side and infront of you :). Still not my kind of motorsport ;).

hmmm yes, I think they are a kind of modern American gladiators, along with wrestlers and other silly sports. The crowd is listening the engine noises and only waiting for someone to screw something up and cause a huge crash. I agree with tWm. Simple fun for simple minds.

Of course it involves skill, have you seen how close those cars get at high speeds? overtaking isnt easy, i don't think you need as much skill as an F1 driver or anything like that, but its not a walk in the park

O and i'm not a fan of nascar, just never got into watching it

+1 There is a lot of skilll in nascar. There is are of things that go into the sport. Most people would not guess that it kind of is a team sport. Look up what a bump draft is. I'm not a fan of circle track racing but like I said, there is a lot more to nascar than what people think...

But there not driving at 200 mph.....And its not STOCK car racing its aluminum body wrapped around a tubular chassis made in a shop racing....STOCK car racing would entail they actually race STOCK cars, like the ones you see in the show room. And what happens if they try and turn right? CRASH BOOM......dead!

Haha this is funny .... Most Brits don't understand the concept of NASCAR they see it has a motorsport that involves nothing more than going around in an oval 500 times on a Sunday afternoon. Thats all but like any sport when you learn the rules, become familiar with the sport and watched it a few times it starts to make sense.

I like Nascar I'm not gonna lie but then again I am very pro 'Merican sports type of person so its pretty obvious I would like it.

Nascar is a good sport and you know what ? I find Nascar more exciting than f1 and thats before we have even talked about the Nascar road races .... now those make for some essential viewing :thumbsup:.

So in conclusion NASCAR is a good sport and frankly I don't know what eveyones beef is with the sport, its fast, its entertaining, its exciting and there is plenty of overtaking. I mean honestly what more could you want from a motorsport ?????

Still it doesn't beat sportscar racing though ..... Sportscar racing is the future according to the great man that is Tom Kristensen :thumbsup:.

Nascar is a good sport and you know what ? I find Nascar more exciting than f1 and thats before we have even talked about the Nascar road races .... now those make for some essential viewing :thumbsup:.

So in conclusion NASCAR is a good sport and frankly I don't know what eveyones beef is with the sport, its fast, its entertaining, its exciting and there is plenty of overtaking. I mean honestly what more could you want from a motorsport ?????

Still it doesn't beat sportscar racing though ..... Sportscar racing is the future according to the great man that is Tom Kristensen :thumbsup:.

Hear! Hear!

(And I don't even follow NASCAR :D)

• 5 months later...

NASCAR is, first and foremost, an endurance sport. And a sport involving team coordination. And, much like drag racing, a sport involving pure mechanical luck. Games simulating NASCAR have none of these factors, therefore NASCAR is only really fun in real life.

Hypothetically, that is. I personally don't watch NASCAR, despite living in a NASCAR-fan-heavy area. If you said the name of a NASCAR driver, I could tell you that he's a NASCAR driver, but that's about it.

Drifting is an entirely different ball game - er, game. Huge amounts of coordination, practice, and skill are needed, and the car used matters a lot more because cars vary more in drift racing. It's more like GT or rallying in that regard, but then you throw in the even greater variety of cars... well, alright, it's pretty much like no other motorsport.

• 1 month later...

NASCAR is more a sport for the pit crew, but the drivers do need to have a fair amount of skill too. I was actually involved in a circle track team for a while and while I admit that watching the race is downright boring, the amount of setup that goes into each car and being able to drive that setup to its maximum potential requires just as much skill as any other motor sport. Besides, many of the NASCAR drivers participate in other motorsports, so there really isn't a lack of talent behind the wheel. It's just that NASCAR is a simple form of racing that people who know nothing about racing can enjoy. It's loud, it's colorful, there is plenty of speed, the tracks are small enough that you can see the whole race from your seat, and there is the occasional crash. Compare that to say the WTCC or STCC where your seat may only have a single straight or between 1-3 turns in view and the racing is very technical, and you can see why people who really don't go that in depth into racing wouldn't be all that drawn in.