We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited true of billboards / tree color / road /.patch

evozhui

Test Drive Unlimited true of billboards / tree color / road / patch download

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu27/evozhui/Evozhuilogo.jpg

Patch Description:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

TDU patch modifies the game "CommonWorld.bnk" part of the document mapping ~ is the game's "world" file ~

1. Of the original advertisement for the replacement of ~ are replaced by real-life goods to send a variety of well-known real billboard ~

2. For most trees and plants of the mapping file for the color adjustment ~ to reduce the color saturation due to gain more real `soft depth of field changes, the effect of ~ dark green leaves with the simple sense of the original will be more green real ~

3. The road map to change the color tone, while a sharpening ~ At the same time in a high-speed `of the Arts and the details of the road is still very much a sense of clarity ~

(Many people think that the road TDU partial black color. Not true ~ the road in fact the real color is light gray-but because the game is a sense of the overall color contrast strongly TDU ~ So if the surface modification as it will appear gray enough ~ Harmony ~ Moreover ~ Hawaii is a natural volcanic island clean natural road ~ ~ So be very clean. the patch of road is still in dark color tones based on modified ~)

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu27/evozhui/5.jpg

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu27/evozhui/6.jpg

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu27/evozhui/1.jpg

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu27/evozhui/2.jpg

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu27/evozhui/3.jpg

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu27/evozhui/4.jpg

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu27/evozhui/8.jpg

Download: http://www.filefront.com/00016586193/Trees-colourRoadsBillboard-mod.rar/

Thx.

Mod by evozhui

Looks interesting, but:

1) Will it work online?

2) Is there a way to get everything EXCEPT the billboards? It's not that they aren't good, it's just that I don't really feel like I need new billboards for TDU...

Looks great, though! I'm trying to find a way to make TDU seem as different from normal as possible - sometime when my PC's fixed (PC upgrades never go smoothly, do they?) I'll try to import a Crysis road texture to TDU for private use... (I would release, but Crytek probably wouldn't be very happy - so I won't.).

-Leadfoot

• 3 weeks later...

I have downloaded this and tried both the links but when I go to extract the files from the .rar it comes up with an error saying the file is corrupt.

Is there anyway to fix this, could someone repost the .rar here please so I can try again because I would really like this, it looks great.

Thanks

Hi Minion3425. I just downloaded the file at mediafire. While extracting the file, there´s an error shown for the COMMONWORLD.BNK.

Any clues? I don´t want to kill my game, it´s just running well. ;)

Another question - please don´t kill me, I am not a computer pro. If I backup all the files that are substituted and the game doesn´t run with the billboard patch, is it possible to simply put my backup files back to make the game run as before?!

pleeeease, does any body understood how to download it?

If you click on ENGLISH on the top right of the page, you´ll understand.

@all

click ENGLISH and then take the download for IE browsers (other one doesn´t work). Then it´s fast...

Hi Minion3425. I just downloaded the file at mediafire. While extracting the file, there´s an error shown for the COMMONWORLD.BNK.

Any clues? I don´t want to kill my game, it´s just running well. ;)

Another question - please don´t kill me, I am not a computer pro. If I backup all the files that are substituted and the game doesn´t run with the billboard patch, is it possible to simply put my backup files back to make the game run as before?!

Thats strange, well I reuploaded it so try the link again.

As to your question yes you can do that. Thats the whole point of backing things up xD

Damn! That works GREAT!! I just got a heart attack because of the new loading screen. I only have a GeForce 8500GT - my TDU worked, but not perfect and sometimes it..."stotteded"...but NOW it runs very well, I can´t believe it.

Thanks to all the modders and freaks here, especially for sharing your work with computer noobs like me. :D

@minion

the error doesn´t seem to be real. I replaced all files without any problem and the game runs 100% well.

@EDIT

I am just a little bit confused - why can´t I see the new advertisements on the billboards? :confused:

I always see the usual ones that say TEST DRIVE UNLIMITED and the clothes brands... :eek:

@minion

the error doesn´t seem to be real. I replaced all files without any problem and the game runs 100% well.

@EDIT

I am just a little bit confused - why can´t I see the new advertisements on the billboards? :confused:

I always see the usual ones that say TEST DRIVE UNLIMITED and the clothes brands... :eek:

Well maybe the archive error wasn't fake? It works fine for me.

file works

hi, i did take this file of the chinese site and it works for me.

maybe you should try and download it again.

i got it yesterday evening and it is simpley ashtonishing.

keep up the good work.

greetings

Steve:badspelling:

Well maybe the archive error wasn't fake? It works fine for me.

I downloaded from the chinese website, too. there was one more file in the archive than on the mediafire download!! But even with the original download, I can´t see new billboards. I only see that the game runs and looks better... :confused:

Edit: the commonworld.bnk was missing on the mediafire download, that was the archive error.

But even with the original download, I can´t see new billboards. I only see that the game runs and looks better... :confused:

i can see them in the near the car dealers of ford and mercedes iirc near the white pedestrian bridge.

thrust me they are there

really.

Maybe u should drive around a bit more

greets

Steve:badspelling:

"I downloaded from the chinese website, too. there was one more file in the archive than on the mediafire download!! But even with the original download, I can´t see new billboards."

See here they are u need to look for them.

If installed correctlry the are there take a look at the pics i forwarded.

i have found them

Greets Steve:D

That´t completely strange. I downloaded the patch first on mediafire. There was an error. The common_world.bnk was missing (I didn´t know that at this time). The game ran well...

Then I downloaded from the chinese website, including the missing file, and now the game runs like before the patch. New billboards (I found them) and a few other things,but it judders... :confused: :mad:

edit: I also use the "real sign"-mod (starbucks coffee and other US brands)...could it be a reason?

I also use the "real sign"-mod (starbucks coffee and other US brands)...could it be a reason?

if u did overwright the files for this mod it can be that that is causing the error i would try to leave the real sign mod out en then try this patch first and then see what happens if it works fine than u found the cause.

If i where you i would test it this way and see what happens.

if it doesn't work fine u will need to choose between these 2 mods so that's up to you then.

btw i also noticed a performance boost with this mod.

greets Steve

Yeah, I´ll try like you said. The real-sign mod is nice to have, but not a must have. And I also could swear, there was a performance boost when I tried it yesterday.

BTW, yes, I have to overwrite the files for the real-sign mod. I just wasn´t sure, if it ONLY changes the signs and brands, or the WHOLE file (I have no clues about BNK files...).

As I said before, don´t shoot me, I´m a real computer noob. :thumbsup:

@steve

I have the correct working file now. d/l it today. But as I said, I overwrote it with the real sign thingy...Maybe that´s the reason. I´ll try...