We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Restart and all game progress lost?

ElliottG

You have to be joking me...

Stupid TDU was being slow again so I restarted my system which usually solves it all. But this time was different. I started TDU again and tried to get into the game as usual, but now instead of being able to click continue game, it's greyed out and it looks like I have to start from new.

Please tell me there is some solution to this this is pissing me off. I was so far along and there's no way I'm going to play again if this is permanent.

Elliott

Anyone? :(

don't double post or you will be doomed forever!

have you checked in the my documments folder to see if the TDU folder is still there?

have you tried restoring your pc to a date before this happened?

Sorry.

Yes the TDU folder is still there. I haven't done a system restore...it's kind of late to do it now I would lose tons of stuff that I've done over the past few days. Is there any way to get TDU to import my saved games?

Well I tried what you suggested. I copied my TDU folder in My Documents to my desktop, started TDU, closed it again, and then copy/pasted my files back into the TDU folder in My Documents. It still doesn't work and all I'm greeted with when I open TDU is this:

http://74.52.147.194/~devilthe/uploads/1245696005.png

:(

I think all my saved game progress is gone because in my saved games folder there are two "playersave" folders. I delete one or the other and the game is still the same. I started a new game when this happened to see what would happen and I think now I'm really screwed.

[mod edit:] Please do not post images larger than 800w x 640h, use a thumbnail or a text link instead, thanks!

if you are starting again let me know and il help you out with some cash to get started

Thanks but for some reason it won't let me make an online account :(

Next time you should keep a backup of your savefile in a USB stick, my comp crashed 2 times wiping out my save game and since then I kept making backups

Yea I have the TDU Tool Kit now.

• 11 years later...