We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

[ATTACH]20744[/ATTACH]

Its a car I use every day, it gets dirty, covered in bugs, muck,scratches whatever...I'm not going to spend a ton of time washing her when shes just going to get dirty again within a hour. She is loved though, don't get me wrong.

Not sure if true but one of my friends who used to live in Germany said they aren't allowed to use soap for environmental reasons... Just water and a shammy cloth. I tried it once and it worked very well... but I'm sure repeated use would result in swirl city.

You are allowed to wash the vehicle on your own, but, if I recall correctly, only on paved surfaces with sewerage system. And not on public places.

Still my first car, I have bought it about year ago, made couple of mods and I don't want to sell it yet ;)

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af220/paradox8831/83bc72fa-8f14-49a9-baee-9ac0c7a294f3_zps2690c5e9.jpg

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af220/paradox8831/89134571-c563-4204-936e-588268d2c2c4_zps5ffab95e.jpg

I've painted those rims using plain white spray, in garage, in one day. I can't afford better rims right now so I did something with the original ones. They aren't look that bad, are they? :D

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af220/paradox8831/d04c264a-b84c-4336-bfa6-c392540b82f4_zpsa2914be6.jpg

Guest MrLolololXD

No low life for me, I barely make it in my driveway with my new front lip at stock height, gotta take it really slow, barely make it by 10mm. Already scraped it a few times by coming in slightly too fast :fp:

14453994897_b93b08635c_o.jpg

Also, new headunit

14453738650_7a8d1a1c88_o.jpg

Guest MrLolololXD

Nah, got some digital gauges I want to put in the bottom slot, that's why I went with a single din headunit

20120622152800b48.jpg

Decided to plop in here with a little bit of my car history, it's not long, really, I've just recently bought my second one, more on that later.

I'm basically repeating some of what i've said in the introduction thread, but since i dont imagine there's a lot of people checking that out, i feel it's fine to repeat myself here.

First car was what anyone would expect; a VW Golf MK4, SUPER BLUE 1.9TDI, with a whopping 90HP (66kW). That seemed more than enough at the time, and i was seriously glad i got that car, first time i drove it it made a blow-off-valvish-noise because the cat was removed, so that scored some extra points for sure. Kept driving that car (and loving it) for nearly three years. Then, suddenly this march i decided it's time to let it go and find something different, and by that i mean completely different. Weighed some options and reasonings, took into account my needs and yadda yadda, came up with getting something any-sized inexpensive petrol RWD japanese car. That ended up being an MX-5.

I told myself that I'd get that car before summer at whatever cost, and ding ding, that actually worked out. Bought a 2002 MX-5 from Germany for 2000eur.

It's a 1.6, but god damn do i love that car. Took a while for me to get used to the petrol power being in way higher rpms, torque also a good bit lower, so going from a standstill took practice too. All in all - super buy, super happy with it. Now need to fix a bit of rust and get ready for winter. :D

Below I provide pics of both cars, dudes.

The Golf

[ATTACH]20774[/ATTACH]

And what I've gotten for myself

[ATTACH]20775[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]20776[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]20777[/ATTACH]

And that be all for now.