We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z245/matt88sco/French%20shed/swallows2.jpg

Chug chug chug... TUUUUUUURRRRBOOOOOOOO AAAAAAARGH!

Old-school Peugeot 1.9 turbo diesel. Planning some fuel pump tweaks in the near future. Been reading up on it and it's pretty simple to do and can yield a 10-15hp increase, bwuhahahaha...

Already got a straight-through downpipe on it, you get turbo whistle like a tractor even when just cruising through town at low revs, lol. Even in standard tune as it is now, it's interesting on wet roundabouts when the turbo suddenly decides to kick in.

I work in the center of Melbourne, and the M1 isn't that brilliant during peak, so I'd always go for an auto over a manual. According to the DSG service manual (for VW staff) the 7spd DSG is simply a manual gearbox with two dry clutches that changes gears automatically. Best of both worlds. I also have the option of retro-fitting a steering wheel from the Golf GTI that has the flappy padels.

I have a G25 as well anyway, and that's manual enough for me. Plus, there are so many gadgets in the car I wouldn't have time to change gears :lol:

I'm not carrying anyone anywhere at the moment, not for a couple of years yet anyway ;) (how old did you think I was) :oook:

My car has the same problem, push up to change down and pull down to change up. :lol:

It changes down for me if I feel lazy but it won't change up if I have it in manual mode, it just bounces off the red. But it's a good solid car. Just a shame that the tyres are shocking in the rain.

It just feels weird though, the last car was the opposite way around and just felt easier to use.

I know what you mean. The first time I ever learned that some cars worked that way was when I played Gran Turismo 4 on one of those PlayStation demo things, and the wheel it had was set up for down-is-up shifting. Of course, I didn't know that, so me - proud of my video-game abilities and all ( :cheeky: ) - immediately selected manual mode.

And promptly put it into reverse. What I realized what was going on, I asked the guy why the shifter was "the wrong way," and he replied with some answer about "race cars." Researching it more, I found that that is, in fact, how a lot of race car sequential boxes (that aren't paddles) work, particularly rally cars. :) Luckily, my dad's Legacy has it the up-is-up, down-is-down way.

I take it the Golf VI doesn't have wheel buttons? Shifting method preferences aside, that's definitely a very nice car - leather looks great, the wheels look great, and the dash, too. I remember seeing the pics with the front all taken apart - looks great now. :)

-Leadfoot

Only the GTI and R have paddel shifters. Meh, I'm happy just to put it in sport mode when the need to overtake a truck presents itself :)

Ah. Well, I'm sure I'll be saying this again, but have fun with it (when you "officially" buy it)! :)

@RX_37: I know I've seen it before, but that's a pretty nice-looking car. Maybe it's the wheel combo, maybe it's that we don't have Pugeots here in the US, but I think it looks pretty cool. :thumbsup:

-Leadfoot

;337514']@RX_37: I know I've seen it before' date=' but that's a pretty nice-looking car. Maybe it's the wheel combo, maybe it's that we don't have Peugeots here in the US, but I think it looks pretty cool. :thumbsup:[/quote']

Thanks ;) Yeah everybody i know likes it, and i love it aswell :)

That's just stupid, i don't get why ppl does that.

Beacuse those cars are cheap and you have the time of your life driving with your right foot permanently down :P And when they eventually break... Get another one! You can always have more than 1 car =) like mee

Yeah, and i reckon it's gonna break down less. Me and some guy's 205 had a little thing going xD It kept breaking down (my brother was fixing it), and in one year, he had to change the suspension two times, the clutchpedal and like half the engine and it was rusting like hell. But he wasn't a softie driver, so you can imagine.

From the looks of it, you like rally, right?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.