We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

So I know some of you guys fanboy over car cleaning and such, well I got mine done properly by a mate. Wax'd, polished, etc etc

[ATTACH]23673[/ATTACH]

And here's what it looked like before...

[ATTACH]23674[/ATTACH]

Rest of the car is just clean as can be! Only down side is you can see the age related dinks & dins more. :lol:

Just hope it doesn't get too dirty on the 150 mile trip down to Knockhill tomorrow, the car is going to be on show.

Thanks peoples.

@santtu: The hard top isn't too bad to remove/fit really, it's just a bit bulky and storage is a problem. That's why I put it straight on the car even though its lovely weather... (@camel too)

I think it looks better with it on, though yeah the timing isn't great tim :p

Car's looking nice and clean, nice :D

Any plans in the pipeline for it, other than possibly removing the hardtop again? :cheeky:

Thanks Myk :D other than removing the hardtop, I need to get the base car back to optimum, the paint work needs some looking at and it sounds like the exhaust might be blowing (unless its my ears that are blowing), so when it goes in for a service in a few months time, I'll look into all these things. After that, some new wheels and maybe lowering it by putting MazdaSpeed springs on... maybe... ;)

Thanks peoples.

@santtu: The hard top isn't too bad to remove/fit really, it's just a bit bulky and storage is a problem. That's why I put it straight on the car even though its lovely weather... (@camel too)

Thanks Myk :D other than removing the hardtop, I need to get the base car back to optimum, the paint work needs some looking at and it sounds like the exhaust might be blowing (unless its my ears that are blowing), so when it goes in for a service in a few months time, I'll look into all these things. After that, some new wheels and maybe lowering it by putting MazdaSpeed springs on... maybe... ;)

Psh at hardtop. :p

When you take it for a service, don't mention anything that might be wrong with it if they ask you. Before that though there's no harm in getting under the car yourself and having a feel/look/listen at all the joins and flanges in the exhaust system. As long as you don't start taking parts off of it nothing can go wrong. Trust me, I know from past experience. :lol:

A good clay, polish and wax should bring the paint up and make it look almost like new as long as there are no big scratches.

Psh at hardtop. :p

When you take it for a service, don't mention anything that might be wrong with it if they ask you. Before that though there's no harm in getting under the car yourself and having a feel/look/listen at all the joins and flanges in the exhaust system. As long as you don't start taking parts off of it nothing can go wrong. Trust me, I know from past experience. :lol:

A good clay, polish and wax should bring the paint up and make it look almost like new as long as there are no big scratches.

Cheers Mr Camel :) Might take it to a proper Mazda service place since I don't know what kind of condition the car is actually in, but not mention anything to them. They'll charge the earth but might be worth it for the first time.

And yeah true, its just there's a big scratch next to the MX-5 badge which doesn't look too good :(

• 2 weeks later...

It'll be getting another 1000 - 1500 miles thrown on in in the space of 3 days at the start of July. :lol:

-

Took the wee bugger out for a drive today...

[ATTACH]23733[/ATTACH]

Ened up doing 75 miles all around the local area, jousting around the all the fantastic farm roads and such. Even had a little fun with a NB MX5 for around 20 miles. (Guy was just out for a drive like myself, so decided to just muck around). Forgot just how fun it is to drive, from the punchy engine to the fantastic handling! :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.