We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

Wow - that Corvette is an accident waiting to happen with only two lanes and such a big speed gap between cars.

Actually, it's not. :)

People in Germany are used to cars that travel far over 200km/h on the left lane, so everybody stays right, and when they go left to overtake, they do it fast and keep watching in their mirrors the whole time. All the Mercs/Bimmers/Audis/Jags/Porsches and stuff keep flying by if you're doing 150km/h. :p

Actually, it's not. :)

People in Germany are used to cars that travel far over 200km/h on the left lane, so everybody stays right, and when they go left to overtake, they do it fast and keep watching in their mirrors the whole time. All the Mercs/Bimmers/Audis/Jags/Porsches and stuff keep flying by if you're doing 150km/h. :p

Yep lesson number one on the autobahn: watch your mirrors if you're not the one who is doing 200+ km/h.

But holy monky that's fast :eek:

In theory as long as you have a quick enough car you can average a pretty high speed even if you have to slow down for cameras and what not here.

Hell, I think it was last Wednesday my dad did 110MPH down a National Speed Limit single carriageway (60MPH, so basically almost double the speed limit) just so he wouldn't get stuck behind a bus on the way to work. We were in the vRS though so from 60MPH it takes no effort at all to get up to 120MPH.

If you know the speed camera and police hotspots you can probably get away with a bit of spirited driving most of the time, it's just about having common sense and still holding a bit of caution/awareness while you're doing it.

Wow! Sounds fun! No wonder i'm moving to germany... I want to drive cars as their main intention was when it came out of the factory... to GO FAST! haha

Exactly if cars weren't ment to be driven fast there top speed would be 110. I did 160 KM/H in the charger a few days ago passing some semi's, and it was as easy as 110.

In theory as long as you have a quick enough car you can average a pretty high speed even if you have to slow down for cameras and what not here.

Hell, I think it was last Wednesday my dad did 110MPH down a National Speed Limit single carriageway (60MPH, so basically almost double the speed limit) just so he wouldn't get stuck behind a bus on the way to work. We were in the vRS though so from 60MPH it takes no effort at all to get up to 120MPH.

If you know the speed camera and police hotspots you can probably get away with a bit of spirited driving most of the time, it's just about having common sense and still holding a bit of caution/awareness while you're doing it.

National speed limit on a dual carriageway is 70mph. :cheeky:

And I'd rather not push my luck. I can only get upto 6 points before I get banned and I nearly got 3 points on my first day. :fp:

But on a 2 mile long country road that is straight and flat, it's hard not to go *60mph+10%+2=68* upto 68mph, yes 68... :leaves:

National speed limit on a dual carriageway is 70mph. :cheeky:

And I'd rather not push my luck. I can only get upto 6 points before I get banned and I nearly got 3 points on my first day. :fp:

But on a 2 mile long country road that is straight and flat, it's hard not to go *60mph+10%+2=68* upto 68mph, yes 68... :leaves:

--Removed For Certain Reasons--

I know what you mean about the speed increasing though. In a 30MPH limit I leave my 306 in 4th and it's doing about 1200RPM which is only a couple hundred RPM away from when the turbo spools up which is quite annoying, it catches me out quite alot.

Tis a typical old diesel when you're trying to overtake something at an awkward speed though. You get no power and something comes the otherway and you panic, then a slab of torque comes and you're instantly doing 60MPH but heading towards the object coming in the opposite direction even faster. Yes I do change down a gear or two but OMGLAGZ.

Get a petrol then. :p

Wait, no, 23mpg isn't good. Don't get a petrol. xD

Lol, I'll get it re-mapped when my insurance isn't something to cry about. That'll be the only un-original thing about the whole car.

My car seems to have a bottomless fuel tank as well. Last time I put diesel in it I put £60 in and there was still room for plenty more. Not suprising I'm getting 500-600 miles on one tank of fuel. I wont get that this time though, I've been racing people on this tank of fuel :nuts:

If I had to pay for insurance on my dads car, it'd cost me well over £3000. But I get free insurance on any car my dad will have.

For younger male drivers the insurance is extortionate because of the idiots that crash their saxos and corsas into walls.

Be sure to post artful pics and stuff. :) But I don't need to ask, do I?

I will be getting my learner's permit in three weeks. :D Then I can drive one of these babies*. Yeah, you all want one - I can tell. :cheeky: Thankfully, my parents agreed to pay the insurance this year.

*Not mine, obviously. Maybe I'll post pics later.

-Leadfoot