We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

We had a very little amount of snow Monday night but by 12pm yesterday it had all melted. The weather forcast keeps saying that it'll snow two days from the day I look at the forcast, then the next day they've changed their mind and it's just cloud again.

If it keeps up my mum's going to be stuck in India for longer than she expected, she flew from Gatwick and is returning to Gatwick next week but it seems they've closed Gatwick airport today. She's in +35C sunshine and we're in -5C weather. She couldn't believe it when I told her.

Slightly more on topic:

My car started first turn of the key at -5C after being sat unused for 12 days. She has earned mucho's trust points.

Good thing the snow didn't trap you before GT5 was released :)

Seriously - does no-one go to work/school in those conditions? I remember last year England appeared on in our news media due to no-one being able to go anywhere.

If only you had an Audi Q7 or something :lol:

Good thing the snow didn't trap you before GT5 was released :)

Seriously - does no-one go to work/school in those conditions? I remember last year England appeared on in our news media due to no-one being able to go anywhere.

If only you had an Audi Q7 or something :lol:

Q7s and the like are rubbish on anything besides tarmac. What you need is a good old Land Rover, it's like the snow isn't even there :p

Plenty of people still try and go to work though, well they do around here when it's snowed. My dad always tries to go, he just elects the car worth the least money on the day to use in the snow and takes the risk. Sadly it's mine this year as my sister's driving the Golf and the Skoda has rubbish tyres (for use in the snow anyway) and a dead battery and he doesn't let the Alfa out in anything besides sun.

Don't think my car did too bad considering it has 4 different ditch-finders on each corner and two are almost on the legal limit tread-wise.

When there's over half a foot of snow then yea, the country comes to a complete stand still.

But people always compare the UK with countries further north who have snowfall for more of the year. The UK usually gets about 2 weeks of snow in a year so we're not really used to it and we don't have proper snow plows or enough road grit. But other countries people grow up with bad snow for half of the year so they know how to deal with it and they have the right things to deal with it.

Sorta like that.

ok so enough about snow! time to get back to what this thread is all about! I drive a 2009 Pontiac G5 GT. its got a 2.2L I4 with 155hp(kinda weak but still fun!). but back on topic of snow! UR FRAKIN LUCKY TO GET ALL THAT SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! here in Iowa we only got a dusting!!!! i wanna go drifting!!!!!!!! go to the biggest parking lot in the area and have fun!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You should take the cap off the bed. Imo would make it better.

I know, I'd like to but I hang my fishin rods inside the roof of it. It also keeps my gear safe as well as organized and keeps other things separated.

EDIT: I'd LOVE to make it look like this , but I don't have the money for the things...

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad289/westwingturbos/Autos/100_351811.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.