We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

Skoda's are invincible, had 4 Octavias VRS's and has never broken.

Ours has numerous times. But every time it's fixed itself.

A year or two ago the Air Con/Climate Control kept playing up. It would work as normal for a while but then it would start to blow boiling hot air into the car regardless of what temperature the heater was set to. Turn the car off and on again, fixed. Hasnt done it since.

Clutch used to slip around the same time. Didn't like being booted from 2000RPM. My dad just drove it carefully for a few hundred miles, hasn't slipped since.

Now we've got this new problem with loss of power after about 30 miles. All you do is turn the car off and on again and you've got all the power back. Sometimes the engine warning light comes on and you turn the car off and on and it stays on but the power is back so we ignore it.

The only thing that hasn't fixed itself is some strange knocking noise from the front left suspension that you get sometimes when you go over a bump. Hasn't changed the handling of the car so we ignore that as well, lol.

It's due a service next month so my dad is holding out for that I think. 60,000 miles and still drives like it did the moment it left the Skoda dealer. Shame it was my uncles car first and as soon as he got in it at the dealer he raced off up the road in it and all the way back home, I know because I was in the car.

• 2 weeks later...