We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

Actually, it's not. :)

People in Germany are used to cars that travel far over 200km/h on the left lane, so everybody stays right, and when they go left to overtake, they do it fast and keep watching in their mirrors the whole time. All the Mercs/Bimmers/Audis/Jags/Porsches and stuff keep flying by if you're doing 150km/h. :p

That's what it should be like.. in reality theres a lot of people blocking the left lane or pulling over without blinking/looking.

07 Yaris.

40mpg baby! :thumbsup:

http://www.rayhernbrode.com/yaris1.jpg

http://www.rayhernbrode.com/yais2.jpg

This car is actually a lot of fun.

Incase you couldn't tell, mine is the blue one.

To get it out of the way, yes, it IS cute.

xD

[mod edit:] Please do not post images larger than 350KB, use a thumbnail or a text link instead, thanks!

Did the insurance cover it?

Yeah and I threw in some of my own money to get a better car.

Ouch

I was slightly annoyed - it was the reason I had a Jetta for a week or so. I was just thanking God that I had taken the Merc out that morning cause if she rolled that I would have been seriously angry.

and here's some, erm, other pics of the Golf :p

Went to look at one of these today to help my mum out. It was a 2.0 TDI, though.

It's stupidly quiet compared to my ageing Peugeot HDI engine and still much quieter than the 1.9TDI in my dad's Skoda. Common Rail technology has come a long way seeing as my HDI is a CR engine.

The Golf is so much nicer to sit in than any other car we've looked at though, from a material point of view. We've looked at the Ford Focus, Alfa Romeo Giulietta, VW Polo and a few others and the Golf has come out on top every time. Apart from interior style where the Alfa Romeo was the best, but the materials weren't.

It's a high possibility my mum might trade her Polo in for the Golf in the next few days. She's always been a VW Golf person, she went for a Polo because she thought it would just be a smaller Golf but now after less than two years she wants back in with a proper Golf.

For the type of driving I do, and the econmy stats of the TSI, getting the diesel never appealed to me. Turning off the radio to listen to the quiet supercharger and turbocharger on a twisty B road is pure joy. The beige interior looks, great, but can be hard to keep clean. I know what you mean about coming out on top. I test drove a Ford Focus, Mazda 3, Honda Civic, Subaru Impreza, Mitsubishi Lancer, and a new Toyota Corolla, but the Golf was way ahead of most of the other cars. The Mazda and Mitsubishi got close, but both had rubbish interiors (imo). The Impreza was nice inside, but was insanely slow. It would seem that everyone else just made a car, whereas VW went to lengths to work out what the driver would like. There are a lot of little things, some novelty features, that all add up to make the Golf more special. It might not do well on the cool wall, but I'm not trying to impress anyone other than myself.

A VW guy told me the other day that the diesel Golf drinks a lot of oil, whereas he said my one usually lasts between services (1 year/15,000kms). I've got a bottle in the shed just in case anyway, since he said the more you use the turbo, the more oil it uses. :)

Even more impressive is the options list. I've got the RNS 510 and a bluetooth system on the way, and I would've liked to get a reversing aid (camera or OPS) but while there are kits available, installation doesn't look all too easy, and they don't come with comprehensive installation guides. I can live without it, but it is handy to be able to reverse inch-perfect. I better stop rambling before someone accuses me of being a VW salesman :p

I like your choice in cars... I myself am a huge Golf fan... My dad bought a Golf 4 a while back - the 1.9 TDI... And for a diesel, is goes like the clappers... Its just such an exciting engine... But I have never been in the TSI, so I wouldn't be able to compare them...

Here's my dad's new car, It's a Fiat Bravo T-Jet 150 Sport :) We got it 1-2 weeks ago, My mum will probably end up with this car when my dad gets something else, or we'll replace her Scenic with an S-Max.

Photo's were taken on my iphone, and the car is quite dirty so the quality isn't great.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x6/carmadmike/FiatFront-1.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x6/carmadmike/FiatBack-1.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x6/carmadmike/FiatWheel-1.jpg

We were going to get a golf but we thought they were a bit too common, and this car caught our eye.

I think it's rather cute ;) Nice choice :)

They look good on it. Now get the Castrol livery on it!

Haha yeah, we want to but it's kinda expensive, and we're not sure where we can get it done nearby. xD

Is that even aluminum rims? Cause it looks like hubcaps :P

Yeah, they are the real deal ;) Going for sandblasting sometime soon.

Tis a typical old diesel when you're trying to overtake something at an awkward speed though. You get no power and something comes the otherway and you panic, then a slab of torque comes and you're instantly doing 60MPH but heading towards the object coming in the opposite direction even faster. Yes I do change down a gear or two but OMGLAGZ.

Psssssh...

Shaddup, you're in an HDi, they're quite refined compared to the old 1.9DT engine, which I have. It's got proper turbo lag. Knock it down a cog and it shifts though, the power delivery is quite violent though. It actually throws my head against the seat when the turbo gets going properly, lol. It's caught me out on wet roundabouts before.

Here's me thinking of installing a boost controller too... :lol:

Psssssh...

Shaddup, you're in an HDi, they're quite refined compared to the old 1.9DT engine, which I have. It's got proper turbo lag. Knock it down a cog and it shifts though, the power delivery is quite violent though. It actually throws my head against the seat when the turbo gets going properly, lol. It's caught me out on wet roundabouts before.

Here's me thinking of installing a boost controller too... :lol:

Lol.

I've got too used to watching my dad over take everything in the Skoda I think. He can leave it in 6th every where and lightly touch the accelerator and quickly overtake quite a number of cars. The people behind get smoked out quite a bit but it isn't fun if they don't get smoked out :p

I guess I shouldn't expect the same kind of results in a car which basically has half the power of the Skoda.

2008 Audi Q7 4.2 Quattro S-line :thumbsup:

AUDI FTW!!

btw mike, ur parents really bought a Fiat instead of a golf? They preferred a fiat over a golf? :p lol anyways what matters if that u like it. but a VW>Fiat lol. i dont wanna seem rude with this comment, but text has no emotion so you might have the idea im being rude. but no, im not. im writing this in friendly way.

:)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.