We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

On the way to test drive the Fiat we seen about 20 golfs, 20 focuses, 20 astras etc I never seen one Bravo. The golf is a bland/boring/common car, my dad had a golf before we got the fiat, it was good but it just had no spark.

That's why we went for the Mazda 3 too. You don't see as many of them around as you do Focuses, Golfs etc.

European cars aren't quite as common around Australia (besides in the capital cities) I like to think my beige/cream interior makes mine speshul. :)

Fiat's a fancy car (at least from the outside, have never looked inside), and he's not the one who paid for it, so it's all good.

It's down to personal preference really. But, the cars which are common are generally the better cars which is the case with the Golf apart from it being on the dull side. People buy it because of it's reviews and what other people say and tend not to bother looking at anything else. Why people buy Vauxhall Astras and Ford Focuses I'll never know. Having sat in both I felt like I was sat in something which was being mass produced in the same factory as a Hyundai.

I was under the impression from things I've heard about the Ford Focus that it was a much better car than it used to be, but interior quality was pretty shocking in my opinion. I know it's the better car to drive but I'd sooner kill my self after being surrounded by the plastics used in it. It even cost more than the exact equivilent Golf that we were looking at - by £2000. Rediculous.

Don't get me wrong the Fiat Punto and Mazda 3 are good cars but I'll always be a snob and turn my nose up at them (Weird seeing as I like Skoda so much :p) because I was brought up around Golfs and from my experience with them, nothing in the same class comes close. The old MKIII Golf GTI my mum's parter has which now has 170,000 miles on it doesn't have a single rattle and that's no word of a lie. I actually spent 20 minutes while I was in it the other weekend listening for them and there was nothing. It's not the most looked after car either.

Apart from the normal consumables it's been one of the most reliable cars I've ever come across. I know from personal experience that most brands just cannot make a car that good. Our Alfa has rattles in it already and it's done no more than 1,300 miles. My uncle's '07 Mondeo is falling to pieces around him, too.

My family generally goes by the old saying "Better the devil you know" which up until now has proven to be the right way of going about things.

I got the news yesterday that my mum is getting her new car on Tuesday at 11am and I'm going with her to get it.

I should not be allowed to drive. I tried turning the car on when the car was already on. XD

Made the most horrible noise ever. >.<

I can only say one thing about that...

You do not state it got broken, so for the sake of sharing it with us it can survive another attempt

:p

I dont get what ppl see in those Golfs.... Sure they're good cars, but oh so germanish & booring!

Yeah, German cars seem very common and quite bland.. I like Japanese cars because they're not so common and rarely bland anymore.

My dad's gf had a really nice Mazda 6 sport, looked really nice in white, was really comfortable and surprisingly fast for a boat with a TD engine xD

Yeah, German cars seem very common and quite bland.. I like Japanese cars because they're not so common and rarely bland anymore.

My dad's gf had a really nice Mazda 6 sport, looked really nice in white, was really comfortable and surprisingly fast for a boat with a TD engine xD

The 2.0L diesel engine in those are the same engine as Peugeot (maker), Volvo and Ford use. So no wonder its good :D

And Japanese cars are pretty good, tho i don't rly like the look of the new Toyotas, exept for the Hilux ofc :D The Mazdas are good to look at aswell.

The 2.0L diesel engine in those are the same engine as Peugeot (maker), Volvo and Ford use. So no wonder its good :D

And Japanese cars are pretty good, tho i don't rly like the look of the new Toyotas, exept for the Hilux ofc :D The Mazdas are good to look at aswell.

Haha, I didn't know that. But yeah, that's like the only thing I like about the diesel engine, it has tons of torque even when cruising around in 5th or 6th. Although it's definitely not as fun as my dad's GT-Four, but that's hardly surprising xD

I hated the way that Toyota was going with hybrids.. and crap like that, but at the end of the day, hybrids/electric cars are most likely the way to go for the future, and Toyota does it well. Plus I think the Toyota's look quite nice, Avensus, Auris etc, all look pretty good to me.

But thankfully we're getting a new Toyota sports car, the FT86. :D

The chance of Toyota actually making a new Supra model is slim, it'll probably go to Lexus...

Toyota is really stupid xD They work with Subaru, Lotus, Lexus, etc.. yet they're only just deciding to make a sports car! xD

Well, they did the LF-A, which was stupid because they'll probably lose money on it. And FT86 Subayota was supposed to stem models for both companies. However, they delayed that many years, and Subaru hasn't even shown a concept of their version. Now they want to make two very similar cars from it, one a "low budget" (with a 25k base price, or so the rumors proclaim) FT86 and the higher performance Supra.

But even the LF-A has issues, like having almost nothing notable about it. Sure, it has cool computers and the tach is digital because gauges can't keep up, but the GT-R has more - and that is a supercar killer. The LF-A is a supercar that doesn't kill much of anything in its own class. Also, Toyota's most recent attempt at a sports car was this:

toyota-celica-2.jpg

So forgive me if I don't have too much confidence. The Subaru version'll be good, because they'll just have one and it'll be like a STi coupe. Toyota, however, is sure to throw in a hybrid and economy buttons, and probably forget to throw in an anti-smug device.

-Leadfoot

I testdrove a Peugeot RCZ today :D

Was nice :) But sadly it had the 156hp engine and not the 200hp, cause there is not a single one of the bigger engine cars in Finland -.-

http://www.clutchd.com/wp-content/gallery/17_august_2009-peugeot-rcz/peugeot-rcz-11.jpg

[mod edit:] Please do not post images larger than 350KB, use a thumbnail or a text link instead, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I am driving a GT-R R35 in a few more years after I have put my own business!!:p... but for now I am driving my father's:

1997 Mazda 323- Good ol' reliable and impresses me with its acceleration even if its old

5 speed manual, and just 55000+ kms, we don't take it out that much since we have a new...

2010 Mitsubishi Montero Sport/ Pajero Dakar/ Nativa...whatever:lol:

good acceleration and handling against all those jeepneys...(stupd drivers!!!)

we bought it because it floods in our area 'cause of heavy rains...

also a 5 speed but equipped with 4x4!!!;)

I am driving a GT-R R35 in a few more years after I have put my own business!!:p...

2010 Mitsubishi Montero Sport/ Pajero Dakar/ Nativa...whatever:lol:

good acceleration and handling against all those jeepneys...(stupd drivers!!!)

we bought it because it floods in our area 'cause of heavy rains...

You better not park your future GT-R in a flood! Cause then ppl would get mad at you :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.