We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

I've heard people being quoted £1000+ for a 998cc Mini.... >.< *moves to America.. and takes a Mini with me*

well i am 20 and officially i cant even get insurance for it.

not until im 24 i believe

but since i have my own car bussiness they allow it as long as it wont go to extreme

for the E36 M3 i paid about €2400 per year

I drive...nothing.

I'm a couch car enthusiast. The most pathetic kind of all. I like to look at cars. I like to read about cars. I like to watch shows about cars. I like to go to car shows too. I just don't own or drive them (Well i mean aside form virtually :-p) I HAVE driven before but i haven't done in hmm...7 years now i think? I moved in downtown montreal in 2004 and haven't needed a car since (well public transport here HAS won the best in north america prize in 2010). I stupidly let my license expire though which i really regret, now i'll have to take the driving test again if i want it back. Anyway cars cost a lot of money which realistically i dont REALLY have (i mean not just to buy one but keep it fueled and all that sort of things, parking in cities is a nightmare anyway).

Ever heard the saying 'once a rich man's car, always a rich man's car' ?

Basically it means yeah, you could get an old BMW / Mercedes / Jaguar / whatever for not a lot of money, but parts, fuel, insurance etc. will still ruin you.

Hence why I'm loving my rattly old 306. Parts are cheap (especially as there are loads of them in the scrap yard!) and it runs on vegetable oil! :lol:

The insurance is also cheap. £440 for a year's fully comp with windscreen cover, legal assistance and a courtesy car. I'm only 23 with 1 year no claims bonus.

And i'll celebrate with a pic since the thread came alive again :D :D

*snip*

I love that car with those rims. :D

I drive...nothing.

I'm a couch car enthusiast. The most pathetic kind of all. I like to look at cars. I like to read about cars. I like to watch shows about cars. I like to go to car shows too. I just don't own or drive them (Well i mean aside form virtually :-p) I HAVE driven before but i haven't done in hmm...7 years now i think? I moved in downtown montreal in 2004 and haven't needed a car since (well public transport here HAS won the best in north america prize in 2010). I stupidly let my license expire though which i really regret, now i'll have to take the driving test again if i want it back. Anyway cars cost a lot of money which realistically i dont REALLY have (i mean not just to buy one but keep it fueled and all that sort of things, parking in cities is a nightmare anyway).

Ah, Montreal. I've wanted to visit there for a while, haven't gotten a chance yet. With most cities, though, cars are a mostly unnecessary luxury. That's not to say you shouldn't own a nice one at some point in your life, though. ;)

-Leadfoot

i notice people saying BMW and such cars will ruin you. but when buying of of those you should also take that into the accout when buying one. so when i bought the M3 i also calculated the running costs

it might be true that running costs may be high for cars like these but for the owners of those cars it something which was calculated into the planning

Depends what kind of BMW you buy, my dad's BMW 530d M sport has had £1200 spent on it (not including the new wheels and tires we got) over the period of 2 and a half years... Thats very cheap imo. The M5 however a bit more due to the previous owner being a douche and not servicing it properly :p

i notice people saying BMW and such cars will ruin you. but when buying of of those you should also take that into the accout when buying one. so when i bought the M3 i also calculated the running costs

it might be true that running costs may be high for cars like these but for the owners of those cars it something which was calculated into the planning

Tell me about it, my Dad just spent £1000 on the 323i just by taxing it, MOTing it, and putting new tires on, BMW-size tires ain't cheap :cheeky:

Tell me about it, my Dad just spent £1000 on the 323i just by taxing it, MOTing it, and putting new tires on, BMW-size tires ain't cheap :cheeky:

Nothing about them is cheap. They cheated us off around 500 USD, to fix a dent on the wheel arch of our 330i. -.-