We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

Couldn't disagree more to be honest, most of these cars are meant to be executive saloons, they're meant to be classy and elegant. Unless I was going for one of the higher spec engines I doubt I'd consider the AMG/S-Line/M Packs, The SE lines and Elegance lines from mercedes look just as good for what the main purpose is.

That's why I like Jaguar's spec lines more than the german offerings, you can get a top spec XF without it having to look sporty, any of the german cars look like the cheaper lesser offerings (which they are I guess, but they shouldn't be) if they don't have the big rims etc.

Everyone always laughs when they see a boyracer in his metro with a sport badge on the back, that's how I kind of see the 320D M-Sport etc, it's not a sports car, it's not fast.

I'd love a 335i without the m-sport actually, a proper 'sleeper' at the lights.

Couldn't agree more to be honest :cheeky:

Purdy Lexus Scott. Moar piccys :p Do you drive it? :cheeky:

Unless I was going for one of the higher spec engines I doubt I'd consider the AMG/S-Line/M Packs, The SE lines and Elegance lines from mercedes look just as good for what the main purpose is.

I doubt I'd get it anyway, from pretty much all reviews I've read all those packs ever do is make the car more uncomfortable.

Well it's increasingly looking like I'll be posting a Skoda Fabia vRS in this thread in the next year. I keep looking at cars with the same engine, but my dad came in while I was on Autotrader the other day and said he'd do a deal with me of £2,500 + my car (he really likes my car for some reason) which looking at prices of similar vRS' is a good deal... As long as he gets a new clutch for it :p

That'll do me for a few years until I can source something like an Impreza, I think.

New mod for my GSXR : a gear indicator, really usefull for road and track and a new front carbon mudguard, its going to wheelie a lot better with less weight on the front :bananadance:

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t446/rollingtheboy/DSC02320.jpg

Few pics from another sunny day

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t446/rollingtheboy/DSC02706.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t446/rollingtheboy/gex1.jpg

Well it's increasingly looking like I'll be posting a Skoda Fabia vRS in this thread in the next year. I keep looking at cars with the same engine, but my dad came in while I was on Autotrader the other day and said he'd do a deal with me of £2,500 + my car (he really likes my car for some reason) which looking at prices of similar vRS' is a good deal... As long as he gets a new clutch for it :p

That'll do me for a few years until I can source something like an Impreza, I think.

Swap a 306 for a boring Skoda? Bah, the day i would do something like that.....

If it's horsepower you're looking for you can get that easily from the 306.

I know you can get 130BHP out of a 306, but at the risk of the thing falling to pieces even faster, I'd rather not. The Fabia has 170BHP rather than the standard 130BHP anyway, I just want something solid and effortlessly quick enough to propel me down the A-Roads to work and back everyday which I know the Fabia does with ease. I also know every part of it's history as it's been family owned since new so I've got added piece of mind in that respect.

It may be considered a boring car by many, but I'm a boring person, so it'll suit me down to the ground.

I know you can get 130BHP out of a 306, but at the risk of the thing falling to pieces even faster, I'd rather not. The Fabia has 170BHP rather than the standard 130BHP anyway, I just want something solid and effortlessly quick enough to propel me down the A-Roads to work and back everyday which I know the Fabia does with ease. I also know every part of it's history as it's been family owned since new so I've got added piece of mind in that respect.

It may be considered a boring car by many, but I'm a boring person, so it'll suit me down to the ground.

Yes but then it raises another question :D Why would you need 170 bhp to go to work and back? Even the 90 bhp you currently have is too much for that. You only loose fuel money if you have an unncessary big engine that you aren't using anyway. Still, i know its fun just knowing you have some bhp at your disposal :)

And I'm not being mean i'm just speculating :)

If you're really into car and you know how to build some yourself i've seen people having well over 200 bhp from the same engine you have in the 306. But it does take some decent building to get that. But hey, it's all fun if you know what you're doing :)

Yes but then it raises another question :D Why would you need 170 bhp to go to work and back? Even the 90 bhp you currently have is too much for that. You only loose fuel money if you have an unncessary big engine that you aren't using anyway. Still, i know its fun just knowing you have some bhp at your disposal :)

And I'm not being mean i'm just speculating :)

If you're really into car and you know how to build some yourself i've seen people having well over 200 bhp from the same engine you have in the 306. But it does take some decent building to get that. But hey, it's all fun if you know what you're doing :)

The 170BHP in the Fabia makes it effortless to drive, it'll happily sit in 6th gear and still pull nicely, at 60MPH in 6th it's basically idling where as the 306 is doing about 2250RPM. The 306 feels like it's accelerating fast due to the torque, but it's actually quite slow, whereas the Fabia feels fast and goes just as well to back this up. You've got to work the gears in the 306 to get it going anywhere and being the lazy person I am I just can't be bothered with that. The Peugeot is a 2.0 and the Fabia is a 1.9, both return similar MPG.

I love the 306, but unfortunately it was love at first sight with the Fabia when my uncle shot out of the dealership in it the day he picked it up with me sat in the passenger seat. It's been an aspiration of mine to own it for years. A couple of years down the line I think I might have some fun with it with a bigger turbo, better brakes and a better suspension setup. Should be a relatively easy 220BHP.

The 170BHP in the Fabia makes it effortless to drive, it'll happily sit in 6th gear and still pull nicely, at 60MPH in 6th it's basically idling where as the 306 is doing about 2250RPM. The 306 feels like it's accelerating fast due to the torque, but it's actually quite slow, whereas the Fabia feels fast and goes just as well to back this up. You've got to work the gears in the 306 to get it going anywhere and being the lazy person I am I just can't be bothered with that. The Peugeot is a 2.0 and the Fabia is a 1.9, both return similar MPG.

I love the 306, but unfortunately it was love at first sight with the Fabia when my uncle shot out of the dealership in it the day he picked it up with me sat in the passenger seat. It's been an aspiration of mine to own it for years. A couple of years down the line I think I might have some fun with it with a bigger turbo, better brakes and a better suspension setup. Should be a relatively easy 220BHP.

Alright :) Then i have just one more thing to annoy you with :D How come the car is 170 bhp when the listed RS model only makes 130 bhp? Or is it chipped?

Alright :) Then i have just one more thing to annoy you with :D How come the car is 170 bhp when the listed RS model only makes 130 bhp? Or is it chipped?

It was re-mapped before my uncle had even seen it, and before it had even got to the dealership. I don't know why my uncle had it re-mapped as he didn't really know how they'd drive to start with. Infact I don't know how the company he was working for at the time allowed him to have it re-mapped as it was a company car for the first year of it's life. Then my dad made a huge saving by buying it for half of what it was worth through some deal they'd set up.

Don't think I've posted herein ages. I've Probably put pictures of the MR up so wont do that again until I'm working on her!

I've also realised that I don't have any pictures of the Rover 75, which saddens me as I really loved the car!(although my dad may be tempted to get the MG ZT now:D)

Heres what I'm rolling in at the moment, sharing the car with my dad again since I've not got the 75! The Nissan Almera Si(N15)

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/calster-17/Other%20stuff/P2190010.jpg

It's the 1.4, which when coming from a 2.0 Turbo Diesel is rather lackluster. Around town its fine, but when out on a backroad or mountain roads you really feel it on a uphill! Turnings slightly better than the 75. Still its the same engine size as my friends Skoda Fabia(1999) and its faster, so I'm happy with that!

Sunny day today, so I cleaned the car, not entirely due to the fact that it's a nice sunny day because I'd clean it anyway :p

Good chance to get some better photos of it though. The place where I was going to go turned out to be down a stupidly rocky dirt track and someone had already parked where I planned to go, so I went somewhere else. Not much to look at besides the car, but it's a better back-drop than my driveway or some crap side of the road shot in town (see old signature).

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x104/GTAMADDOG/IMG_0815.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x104/GTAMADDOG/IMG_0813.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x104/GTAMADDOG/IMG_0816.jpg

Did a couple of shot similar to the last one, all of which are pretty fail-tastic because I somehow didn't realise I was shooting into the sun :p

Sweet shots mate :)

...do you have a fuel cap on both sides? or am I smart enough to guess one is fake for cosmetic reasons...being a french car I guess.

Thanks. Nah, it's only got one real one on the drivers side. The other is just because the French obviously liked trying to be symmetrical back then, but their build quality made sure that only the fuel caps looked the same :p