We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

I've bought this thing last Saturday:

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Yes, it's a '99 Corolla. And yes, you would expect an elderly man to drive one of these, rather than a 20y/o considering how boring they are for some people, but! It's not any 'Rolla, it's a sporty G6 trim model with 6-speed short geared tranny, stiffer suspension, different seats and red accents on the inside and different grille and front bumper lip on the outside.

It's a 1.6l 110bhp 4AFE engine, which makes me smile everytime I go above 4k rpm, obviously because of the sound it makes. And even though it's not as fast as the Civics above (lovely cars there, Dan and SRO), it's fast enough for me ;) Actually it's faster than my friend's Coupe 2.7, thanks to it's short grearing and much lower weight.

Since I'm a Toyota enthusiast you might ask why not a MR2 or a Celica. The reason is very simple: these are just too thirsty. But I don't regret buying it, infact love every single bit of my 'Rolla, maybe except of the tires which are pretty much bald :P

If it ain't Jap, it's scrap :) That engine sounds like a close variant to the starlet glanza V engine??

It's a good start though mate :) I think you should do this:

toyota-corolla-rally-car.jpg

Minus the sponsors maybe :rolleyes:

One thing I've started to notice is that different wheels+lowered a bit completely changes the look of a car, that's basically all mine is on the outside! (sort of)

That engine sounds like a close variant to the starlet glanza V engine??

Can't really tell since I've never heard any Glanza V's 4EFTE irl, but a 4EFE (which is basically a NA version of that engine) sounds a lil bit less metalic than mine. Unfortunately I can't find any decent video of a 4AFE, guess I should record my own one :p

I've been thinking about putting a

on it, but I don't think it'd look good in blue. Plus they are pretty darn expensive and hard to find.

Can't really tell since I've never heard any Glanza V's 4EFTE irl, but a 4EFE (which is basically a NA version of that engine) sounds a lil bit less metalic than mine. Unfortunately I can't find any decent video of a 4AFE, guess I should record my own one :p

The 4E-FE isn't the same as 4A-FE. The 4E is just 1.3L 12 valve, SOHC and pretty outdated. The 4A-FE is a lot more sophisticated and was mainly designed for fuel efficiency, not power. Altho it's not a bad or slow engine in a car like that '99 Corolla. It's really exactly what you want, good economy and decent power in an N/A engine at the same time.

And infact the 4A-FE is one of Toyotas more famous engines cause you can litterally not kill it. They go on and on long after the entire car rusts away.

I was looking to buy a '97 Corolla with the same engine some years ago too but i got so much more value for money for buying the 406 i have today.

New car

Hi guys, a little update on how my cars are.

You see, my dad works in a BMW plant in Spartanburg, South Carolina in the US (we live in greenville SC). So they gave him an offer for a lease program that lets you drive a BMW (I don't know if it's my dad's selection or the manufactures selection). You don't have to pay for insurance, car taxes, basicly just the car. Back to the point. Every 15,000 miles, my dad is schedueld to return the car if the other car is ready to go. It was the 328i's time to go, and guess what we got after that?

A MINI COOPER.:eek:

Yes, yes i know it's cute and all but I loved the 3-series alot! But the thing is, it's a stick shift and it's nimble (you can turn the steering wheel 100 degrees w/o sliding at 40-45 mph!), and fun to drive (sometimes). It makes it a little better, but not as good as a 3-series (don't tell my mom! :p).

I like it a bit, but the rear seats? The leg room is miniscule, making it look impossible to fit my legs through the seats.

I might send some pics of it later.

"What is Carfaxes favorite stuff and Carfaxes least favorite stuff about this car," you might ask. Here is a list of favorites and non-favorites below.

FAVORITES

----------------------------

Fun I-4 engine :twisted:

Handles perfect

Easy to park in spaces

Some added German to this

"british bulldog", since it's now

manufactured by BMW

Bulldog style, making it more

sturdy

NON-FAVORITES

----------------------------

Huge speedometer

Minimal leg room

Stick-shift (not comfortable with them)

Freaky headlights :eek:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.