We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

Passat TDi Estate! I envy you now! :oook: (I actually mean that)

What engine size? I'm guessing 2.0?

I'd hazard a guess it's a 1.9 TDI going by the age/badge combination. Can't be sure on the BHP as I don't think the Passat B5 used the same red-lettering system as the MK4 Golf. Maybe 110BHP. Bullet-proof engine anyway.

My dads Skoda sounds like a quiet siren, the Renault sounds like a loud siren and my 306 makes a noise like there's a bigger rush of air coming out of the exhaust than there actually is when you rev it which sounds quite funny.

Boost leak and a dying turbo on the two mobile sirens otherwise they'd just sound like faster tractors going up the road. You'll never get away from the tractor sound on a diesel, not even with CR technology.

Issues were jerky changes between 1 & 2 in stop/start traffic, and generally changing up too early for the sake of economy. It now drives very similarly to how I changed gears manually now, haven't actually used the paddles much since I got it installed.

Camel said he's got mostly the same issues with with his new Ford. It's not a DSG issue, but more limited to those with the brand new dry clutch setup (which saves you about $1200AUD every 60,000kms in servicing costs.

In August we brought our old W638 Vito to service as it couldn't start up. The issue was a dysfunctional injector. Well, yesterday we had to get the car in service again. The problem was almost exact - we could not start it up. However, it was the fuel filter that caused it.

We decided to buy a new car next year, because we don't want to invest more money in our tusty trusty Spanish Benz to keep it functional. :nods:

Took my truck out to the desert yesterday and did a little off roading. With the traction control off in a completely straight road, I hit about 70mph before the snaking got too bad. Pretty scary, considering that I have a stock suspension street tires, and rear wheel drive. I was going to record it, but I was alone and didn't have a place to put my camera.

• 2 weeks later...