We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

*is very very very very very jealous of how is Susan's car clean*

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq279/username_046/c343eac04d5cd8242656e78ec0d093e2.jpg

It's going to be +10 degrees this week, hope the water hose will melt till the weekend. :(

Here we see the Subaru in it's natural habitat. We must be very quiet, so it does not attack us.

Nice! What engine does it have? 2.5L?

Guest MrLolololXD
Our engine bay looks better with the cover than without it as it is a jungle of injectors, cables and whatnot. :p

But those are the fun bits that actually do something!

modern diesels don't sound bad :mhmm:

Also the exhausts on the m550d give the car a v8 rumbly sound. And if you put on sport mode the sound gets boosted via speakers (not changed, just boosted)

Anyways i have a crappy, short, exhaust view (kinda) startup vid.

720p and volume up for this one please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4MF3PjzqOw

BMW's diesel i6's sound pretty good for a diesel engines, but the 20/23/25d's are so loud. :(

I think that A6 BiTDI sounds more V8-ish than your M550d, but it's just the software that makes the modern engines sound better. BMW uses audio speakers not only in the M550d, but also in the M135i (which is surprising as it is a gasoline engine...) and in M5's/M's. Other brands do that too. If I am not mistaken, Audi improves the sound right in the exhaust, Ford and Porsche have a duct that goes from the intake to the interior.