We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

BTW, I really like your photographs.

I like them too.

And not sure why, but the place that Cis lives, everything i've seen so far from there quite amazes me, somehow. :hmmm: For instance, that garage looks... cool. Looks comfy to me... a safe place to be at. Hard to describe the feeling it gives me though.

Snake Pass. First time I've driven on it myself and it was brilliant on the way back in the dark. Steep hills, adverse camber bends, water running off the hills on to the road, pitch black. Perfect.

The remap is awesome. Loving the popping and banging on overrun. Found myself giving the car a few thousand revs at each traffic light. The increased rev limiter is also fun. :lol:

Exploring a good driving road is one of the best feelings from the thrill of driving if you ask me. You know the roads going to be great, but the first time you do it, it blows your mind. That tight corner? It really is bloody tight! That downhill incline? You gain much more speed that you think going down it. Them views? Theres 20% cooler because of that feel.

Only other feel that beats it is when you go on the road, its a clear blue sky and there's no wind, the road is empty and and there's nothing but you & the road ahead.

Just having a wee look at the road on Google maps, looks to be a nice one. The views are nice, and the road surface looks good. :)

At a MOT test centre today, here doing the emissions:

aHhOF6p.jpg?2

Of course I put a blanket on the seat before the workers sat in the car:

yoObO8M.jpg?2

Overall check, lighting, brakes, VIN code etc..

YQDg2qe.jpg?1

It's quite amusing that you have to do those tests even with an almost brand new car and yet on the road you see old remapped TDI's smoking like an old tanker. And last year with the E91 they made a fuss about window tints having a bad certificate. :fp2:

Tomorrow we'll get number plates so it'll be finally roadworthy. I need to convince my dad about buying me detailing stuff and also the rear tires are pretty worn so we'll need new tires this year. Non-RFTs of course.

At a MOT test centre today... And last year with the E91 they made a fuss about window tints...

Just curious about cars in EU. Do all cars in the EU have to pass an MOT? And is it the same test whether you do it in the UK, France, or Italy?

And also window tint. I notice that SUVs and wagons sold in the US have tinted windows from the factory, save for the windshield and front two windows. In Europe, usually the same SUVs/wagons do not have tinted windows. Are the tint laws stricter there?

Just curious about cars in EU. Do all cars in the EU have to pass an MOT? And is it the same test whether you do it in the UK, France, or Italy?

And also window tint. I notice that SUVs and wagons sold in the US have tinted windows from the factory, save for the windshield and front two windows. In Europe, usually the same SUVs/wagons do not have tinted windows. Are the tint laws stricter there?

In Finland: New cars get a free MOT pass for the first 3 years. Thereafter it's once every year.

I don't think they would fail a car MOT just because of tinted windows, as long as it's only the back windows. Front and front-side windows are not allowed tinting at all. They even complained to my brother for having a small tinted stripe at the top of the windshield (homemade, but professionally done, for protection against the sun) tho they didn't fail him, just a "warning" to get it removed.

Within the EU, yes. Frequency depends from country to country, but here in the Baltics it's annual for all personal vehicles. I don't quite understand the latter part of your question, but if you want to know whether the tests are similar then the answer to that is yes. Across the EU there's regulations regarding what should be paid most attention to, such as chassis rigidity and anything else which can potentially compromise the safety of a car to make sure it conforms to all safety standards, which are pretty much alike across the EU. The strictness of these tests varies greatly depending on country, though. Here in Latvia they're pretty flippant in comparison to Germany, where they're downright prudish.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.