We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

Guest MrLolololXD
Must mean mines either faster or seriously over-fueling...:lol:

...probably the latter, it stinks. I'll look to get a remap when I can, I think it's been mapped before and has a E5/E6 ecu.

If I've already posted this Ryzza has permission to delete this entire post, I think I posted one from the same situation from my iPhone previously:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3912/14199092408_3520cf045d_o.jpg

Evo IV by BoostedDan, on Flickr

Stunning colour in that light

Stunning colour in that light

Thanks :) I'm still jealous you have your "2jz" though, you should whack a snail on it ;)

Only problem I have is that front splitter of mine being cracked and faded, in the direct sun light all the bumper and bonnet comes up in the same purple-ish colour you see in the above picture...will sort it soon!

Just to note, I wasn't driving it at the time. I'm not really into humping cars.

Now I'm the only person in my family that can drive so I'm the taxi from now on. In probably one of the least practical taxis possible. I'm good at transporting really long things but not many things like more than 1 person.

I drove these two yesterday.

20140611_131445.jpg

20140611_131435.jpg

20140611_131412.jpg

20140611_131421.jpg

20140611_131341.jpg

20140611_131824.jpg

20140611_140815.jpg

20140611_140808.jpg

20140611_140632.jpg

Here's the funny thing, after driving fast Audi's @ Phillip Island a few weeks ago my car felt very slow after getting back in it at the end of the day. But yesterday my car didn't really feel slow after having driven both of those cars, which was a bit strange. Obviously it is slow compared to those supercars, but interesting nonetheless.

Also driving those supercars is nothing like driving a very fast 'normal' car (like an Audi). The Audi RS6 and R8 for example are basically faster versions of your average executive car, of course the experience is amazing, but they're still smooth and you could use them every day. By way of comparison, driving the (somewhat older) F430 and Series 2 Gallardo are more like driving racing cars, in that they are not really smooth or refined at all.

Easily the R8 V10. So much easier to live with. In the Ferrari you end up driving slower than everyone because the speedo only shows 30, 60, 90, and 120kph. And there's only one line between them (which doesn't match any of our speed limits), so you just have to guess.

The Ferrari gearbox was a bit smoother than the old eGear box in the Lambo but beyond that the Lambo was more refined and sounded much nicer. You could hear all the road grit in the Ferrari at a very loud level.

Guest MrLolololXD
Thanks :) I'm still jealous you have your "2jz" though, you should whack a snail on it ;)

:D

I'd love to, but stupid young driver laws say I can't for 4 years. It is in the thoughts process though. Since legally going turbo is still such a long time away, it does give me plenty of time to plan out what I'm going to do and plenty of time to save up money for it, so I can do it once and do it right with quality parts, so I'm not too worried about it. I've pretty much got a complete list of parts needed/wanted, so I may even start slowly buying them shortly. Really the only big decision left is what to do with the actual engine, whether to drop in a whole brand new turbo short-block from Toyota or just get the head off a turbo engine and put it on my current NA block. Both have their pros and cons, but at the end of the day it'll do the exact same thing, just requires slightly different internals.

Plans atm are something along the lines of a Boost Lab modified Borg Warner BL366-QR, custom manifold by a company here in Aus called 6Boost to suit, GSC stage 1 269º in/ex cams, get the valvetrain upgraded with suitable springs, retainers etc. to increase rev limit from 7.4k closer to 8k, oversized valves, forged pistons/rods, standalone ECU etc. etc. All in all it should be good for up to about 850-900rwhp or so if I ever felt the need to go that high, but I'd be aiming more for around the 550-600rwhp mark on pump fuel to begin with. No point spending all that money going turbo only for a 100-150rwhp increase imo :p

Meanwhile, stage 2 weight reduction complete (will work out fuel consumption since last refill tomorrow)

10467070_638928809538384_4888557577824969971_o.jpg

Nice plans, Harley, but I'd keep it NA just because everyone is running turbos. And everytime a turbo Supra is mentioned, I think of

vid haha.

By the way, got my leather kit a few days ago, so of course I had to try it. I cleaned the steering wheel only once, last month with a damp MF towel, which pulled a lot of dirt unsurprisingly. But it was still shiny and as I hate shiny (=dirty) leather, I had to buy something to get rid of that. Also cleaned the shift knob, handbrake lever and even armrests, but then I found out it's just fake leather. :lol:

fEaWs0M.jpg

The steering wheel trim is peeling off - typical BMW problem - so that needs to be sorted out, but otherwise it is like new inside (I cleaned the whole interior thoroughly last weekend after about half a year :hide:).

I bought a product which is meant to return the original finish on leather, but on closer inspection it'd be a waste of time on my current wheel because the leather texture finish has been worn off a bit at the 2 'o clock position on the steering wheel where a previous owner must've always held the wheel. So I've just decided I'll either keep an eye out for a better looking wheel, or get it re-trimmed using these guys

Up to 41.7 MPG from last weekend's 41.5 too :p

I'd be aiming more for around the 550-600rwhp mark on pump fuel to begin with. No point spending all that money going turbo only for a 100-150rwhp increase imo :p

Makes sense, go hard or go home :cheeky:

Nice plans, Harley, but I'd keep it NA just because everyone is running turbos. And everytime a turbo Supra is mentioned, I think of
vid haha.

By the way, got my leather kit a few days ago, so of course I had to try it. I cleaned the steering wheel only once, last month with a damp MF towel, which pulled a lot of dirt unsurprisingly. But it was still shiny and as I hate shiny (=dirty) leather, I had to buy something to get rid of that. Also cleaned the shift knob, handbrake lever and even armrests, but then I found out it's just fake leather. :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/fEaWs0M.jpg

The steering wheel trim is peeling off - typical BMW problem - so that needs to be sorted out, but otherwise it is like new inside (I cleaned the whole interior thoroughly last weekend after about half a year :hide:).

On my Nardi wheel I just use some basic interior cleaner (one you have to dilute with water), spray on to a detailing brush, dab on in ovular motions and work up a foam, then wipe off with a mirco fiber cloth before it drys.

This IMO is an ideal technique for perforated leather as the brush gets in the holes and lifts all the dirt and grease out.

Giving you a full hour of sticky steering wheel before your hands lube it up again :rolleyes: Worth it anyway.

[ATTACH]20534[/ATTACH]

This of course is in my old civic still but I have the thing in my Evo now.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.