We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

This sheered bolt nearly scrapped my head. Was damn lucky that I'm a pro at getting things out of impossible places with my trusty mole grips. There was barely 1mm of bolt sticking out of the hole and even that was only one side of the bolt.

zEN5y4Ul.jpg

And seeing as though I was down to the cams I thought I'd take them off to give them new seals and also take the tappets out to give them a good clean. Had to use an old car speaker and mini ratchet extension bar to get them out though.

yHH2Z8ll.jpg

Just leaving the dismantled tappets soaking in some degreaser over night. Hopefully my new cam seals will be back tomorrow so I can start putting it all back together. :) Should be just about ready for when I get back home next week.

Had the opportunity to drive a Nascar Sprint Cup car a couple weeks ago. Was very fun and theres a lot more that goes into these cars and how to drive them than the usual left turn stereotype, although we were at an oval. Carrying momentum and using the banking is vital for a good lap or else you scrub all your speed. Not sure how fast I actually went as theres no speedo in the car but I'm guessing in the reigon of 120-150 MPH.

So, here are yet another pics of our poor little girl that everyone is dying to see.

I have done a proper interior clean (on the other vehicle as well, something the car has not seen in a long time apparently. Cleaned and vac'd the carpets, dressed the plastics, cleaned and protected the leather stuff.

Some before & afters. The color of the seats is pretty hard to capture properly, it is more beige-ish than white-ish IRL.

JDTGp2y.jpg

lLINsNF.jpg

rt02GT2.jpg

Also, did the engine bay today. Nothing serious, but polished some of the metal pipes I had access to.

I9KSIm4.jpg

0QFcPpo.jpg

jVwgN8I.jpg

r1FgIqg.jpg

k7NjiN0.jpg

7r8h4So.jpg

dmabASn.jpg

Thank you guys! :)

I was also thinking that I could start doing this as a part-time job, I love detailing and thanks to my parents (and the 1 Series that even made my dad say the paint is horrible :lol:) I now have almost everything I've ever wanted and needed, though I gotta know how to start it up. Probably make some new contacts first... :hmmm:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.