We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

Bought myself a new car today.

Not the most practical I could've bought.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/909x682q90/r/745/NB3qYx.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/549x412q90/r/538/0BMUk3.jpg

Picking it up on tuesday so no good shots yet.

They're refurbishing the wheels and repaying a crack in the rear bump... plus a good polish too.

Can't wait to drive it properly

OMG. A few years ago I really wanted to import a LHD version of those to the States... Probably will after another 15-20 years and register it as an antique.

Hats off to you... the 159 (estate and sedan/saloon) are one of my all time favorites.

Brit plates though tim? Are you back from the UAE now?

Going to miss the Edge or is it already long gone?

Have been in France for 4 months over the summer and been back home in the GB for a week now.

Yeah, the Edge is gone and forgotten. Away from the UAE at last... never going back I hope not even passing through :D

Was tempted to get a Transporter but saw the 159 online couldn't get it out of my head. Won't be as good for carry all my gear but will be far more comfortable on long journeys. Will have to get a tow bar and bike rack though.

I've been experimenting with recording better audio on the bike. I have the original GoPro HD hero which has no mic inputs, and just records rubbish rattly audio - might have to invest in some thin foam to place inside the case...

I also have the Sena 20S intercom/headset/music player which comes with a great mic. Finally found a way to record from that mic onto my phone via bluetooth. Problem is that it only records my voice and nothing else, not even the engine or wind noises (good for talking to others via intercom or phone I guess), so that was a bit of a fail.

I also have a cheapo eBay recorder which doesn't work properly. And a recommended cheap microphone cut to a custom length... which turns out to be not long enough. *sigh*

So no new bike videos for a while.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.