We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

Turn's out 2 tonne land yacht is't too bad at drag racing...

[ATTACH]23016[/ATTACH]

Top time of 15.92 and speed trapped at 92mph on the same 1/4 mile in the LexBus.

Start of the day was bad, for a start the surface is poor(it's an old WW2 RAF base and the runway's age shows) and it was also sodden wet meaning everyone was struggling for traction (TC light flashing while doing 50mph+ on the first few runs!) but thankfully the sun came out and dried it up! First few runs were bad as well as let off before the finish markers as was't sure of the run off/brakes. Managed to surprise alot of people to start with as most folk must have expected it to just be an old grandad saloon, not a 300hp bus. (Civic Type-R's, Feista ST's got it worst)

Here's me going down the strip with a friends tuned Focus ST, still in the wet. Went much better than expected, but once it dried up, he was getting much better times!

It is, but the first few on there were in the wet so just got alot of wheel spin and no go, and later ones was me being cautious not to jump the line, the surface of the 'strip' is dire, the lights have the most weird way of working or the fact it's a slush box made for carrying sir about in refinement rather than swatting hot hatch's away at the lights.

There is also the fact, I'm maybe not the fastest to react to things. ;)

What is this madness, you're racing and you'd rather listen to music than a V8? :panic:

You can still hear her roar when in the car, trust me. ;) Also, Utah Saints. :cheeky:

-

Anyway, here a better look at the start line from the video..

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee514/crailrac/2015/120515%20-%20PERF%20FORD/DSC_0412_zpsmkhowwrz.jpg

And yes, there was a super-luxo-barge battle later in the day

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee514/crailrac/2015/120515%20-%20PERF%20FORD/DSC_0515_zpswttvhd9i.jpg

And the lexbus won it. :)

More photo's from the event can be found at Crail Raceway PB page! Including a few more of me.

Was an E300. (or at least that's what was on the back)

Guy jumped the que a few cars to get next to me as I had a free space and he'd have been racing an impreza. Don't think he knew what powers the LS and it was just a big, old saloon car. But he got a better start than me but once I got moving I had it. Pro's & con's of a slush box in the space of 5 seconds, :lol:

The front wing's had had been changed in the past, as mis-matching colours to the rest of the body, as had the wheel's which were from a later model.

Done a reg check as well, in case they'd badged it a 300 to make it more of a sleeper and it's a E300 petrol. :)

haven't posted in a while....mostly because I currently don't have a road legal car, the Renault 5 is very nearly done and I can't wait, the SW20 is gone.....I just got bored, I missed the "get up and go" of the R33.....long story short I needed more power.....so I might....maybe....if the girlfriend lets me.....get another R33.....and it may be a GTR this time