We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

Yep, but I'd rather not be a
and look after my back. :)

Looking good all-rounder and that seems to be the best by far.

I must admit that the VFR is a very good mixture of sporty and tourer. You can REALLY have some fun on it when the time permits, but you can also sit up and rack up the miles in just as much pleasure.

Coupled with their immensely reliable V4 engine, it's a underrated bike!

Funny I hated the red wheels in photos but they do look good in person. Self preservation is high in my list of priorities. :)

I'll be taking it easy, the bike seemed happy to cruise at 80kph in 2nd gear to my surprise (would normally be in 4th or 5th on the Honda) - conversely the Striple is also happy doing low speeds in top gear. It does have a quick shifter which may turn out handy for an eventual 0-100kph test but I have to keep the revs under 5k during the engine run-in. 3.x seconds seems achievable based on videos.

That's a pretty machine! The triples have a lovely whine when you're giving it the beans :D

The wine/whistle is there at all RPMs, give it the beans and it ROARs. But I'm not allowed to do that yet. (1500kms to go)

Little trick of the trade. Rag the gonads off of the bike. The engine will run in better and will also give you better fuel economy & power :)

I ran my new YBR in for about 500 miles before someone suggested ragging it to me... After about a week of full throttle acceleration, the bike was so much nippier and it generally sounded smoother.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.