We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

I'll give it the odd squirt, but I'm familiar with best engine run-in practices. Put load on the engine, don't sit at one RPM for too long, and don't redline it. :)

Progressively give it more and more as you go, just make sure it's warmed up. 110bhp is plenty power, so +/- 5 isn't going to be a big issue.

I expect to see a Dimma kit on it by the end of the year. ;)

-

Finally got round to sorting the O/S/F wing on the coffee...

[ATTACH]23354[/ATTACH]

Not as bad as i expected, with about 85% of it being surface rust and the rest is nothing that filler can't solve.

Still, slow progress to be made yet.

I expect to see a Dimma kit on it by the end of the year. ;)

-

Finally got round to sorting the O/S/F wing on the coffee...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23354[/ATTACH]

Not as bad as i expected, with about 85% of it being surface rust and the rest is nothing that filler can't solve.

Still, slow progress to be made yet.

The WRC kit is pretty awesome...

wp742e6f56_05_06.jpg

Could steal my dad's OZs. :lol:

Nice one. I ended a long-ish trip on Saturday on exactly 88,000km in the Golf.

How long have you had it for?

We bought it in July 2009 (one year after the LCI 3 Series went into production) with circa twelve thousand kilometres as a certified pre-owned vehicle so that's 88k in 6 years - four thousands are mine. :)

So far this is the list of issues we had in chronological order if anyone's interested (which I doubt):

• headlight washer system leaking - plugged it out (it just makes a lot of mess on the front end anyway)
  • adaptive light sensor failure 2x - repair didn't help, needed a new item
  • driver's seat heating not working - since December 2014, it's an expensive repair and haven't done anything with it yet
  • passenger's adjustable side bolsters not working - since December 2014, again an expensive repair but isn't as annoying
  • timing chain - typical N47D20 problem, 100k is usually when the chain snaps so this needs to be done ASAP

Otherwise nothing. *knock knock knock*

Had it since August 2010 with just under 6,000kms. First 2 years I drove a lot of A- and B-roads for pleasure and racked them all up that way. Have done a few long work trips and a holiday interstate, which included an all-day spirited drive on deserted mountain roads. Haven't had any proper failures, just mainly software updates to tweak/improve things.

Had it since August 2010 with just under 6,000kms. First 2 years I drove a lot of A- and B-roads for pleasure and racked them all up that way. Have done a few long work trips and a holiday interstate, which included an all-day spirited drive on deserted mountain roads. Haven't had any proper failures, just mainly software updates to tweak/improve things.

That's a lot seat time. :eek: :btup

What model is your BMW, MB?

E82 135i & E91 320d LCI (which is the one I was talking about two posts above).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.