We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

It's not mine really, but this is my grandfather's 1989 Mustang GT. He has a couple other cars, but this is the one I could afford to buy from him someday. Modifications: 65mm throttle body, stiffer clutch, rebuilt trans with a different first and second gear, Hurst short throw shifter, 3.55 gears in the rear, subframe connectors, the mufflers are removed (this thing at 5500 rpm is fantastic), 275/60/15 rear tires, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple of things.

attachment.php?attachmentid=24018&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=24019&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=24020&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=24022&stc=1

Not sure if the other photos don't do it justice or what, but we washed and polished it and it looks a whole lot.. uhh.. deeper or more vibrant or something.

lr1x7Pd.jpg?1

And remember, if your dad misses certain equipment (ventilated seats, memory seats), contact MBenzNL. Although he's based in holland, he also travels to retrofit stuff. Ofcourse comes at a cost, but it'll be 100% OEM. If the dealership says it's impossible, don't take that answer for granted :p

We were talking about that but there's not much missing that'd he'd really want retrofitted. It's all little things, keyless entry, ventilated and memory seats, rear sun-blind.. that's really it, that I can think of anyway. It'd be nice to have them but nothing there is worth the money to install I guess. :hmmm:

It looks very good in red. Congrats.

Tanks :D

Indeed. Congrats Mr Softie Senior.

Ty, Mr Softie Senior is a happy man now. He can enjoy his new found life of leisure :lol:

It's not mine really, but this is my grandfather's 1989 Mustang GT. He has a couple other cars, but this is the one I could afford to buy from him someday. Modifications: 65mm throttle body, stiffer clutch, rebuilt trans with a different first and second gear, Hurst short throw shifter, 3.55 gears in the rear, subframe connectors, the mufflers are removed (this thing at 5500 rpm is fantastic), 275/60/15 rear tires, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple of things.

http://forum.turboduck.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=24018&stc=1

http://forum.turboduck.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=24019&stc=1

http://forum.turboduck.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=24020&stc=1http://forum.turboduck.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=24022&stc=1

Only 1 of your pictures are working mate but damn that's pretty! Looks very European Ford :nods:

Half-way through a ~7 hour round trip had me in the middle of nowhere

20150911_154020.jpg

20150911_154224.jpg

20150911_154245.jpg

Had 4x as many dead flies on the bike (and me) by the time I got home (they all come out at dusk).

The view was worth it though

20150911_153835.jpg

20150911_154209.jpg

20150911_154126.jpg

Note the snow-capped mountains on the right. Looked so much better in real life with the 'soft-glow' of late afternoon sun.

We were talking about that but there's not much missing that'd he'd really want retrofitted. It's all little things, keyless entry, ventilated and memory seats, rear sun-blind.. that's really it, that I can think of anyway. It'd be nice to have them but nothing there is worth the money to install I guess. :hmmm:

Either I'm reading it wrong, or you're using an interesting definition of little :p :

Keyless entry = Keyless go, that means at least 3 new antennas, new doorhandles on the outside, a new control unit and a modified ignition as Keyless Go has a starter button. This is a system that shows coupes really are cheaper than sedans though, having 2 less doors to worry about xD

For memory seats, I believe mirrors are affected as well (automatic down-tilting when in reverse) and perhaps also the steering column upon entry.

Ventilated seats... well you have heated ones already so that saves a bit of work, but you'll need new seat upholstery because ventilated seats = perforated leather.

I don't know what an MbenzNL would charge for anything of this since he never mentions costs in his retrofit topics, but keeping this in mind nothing of this will be a mere three-digit job since the work above requires disassembly of almost everything inside and there's some programming work to do.

Half-way through a ~7 hour round trip had me in the middle of nowhere

Cool shots, and I'm still digging the color combo on the bike. :nods:

Not sure if the other photos don't do it justice or what, but we washed and polished it and it looks a whole lot.. uhh.. deeper or more vibrant or something.

Noice. What did you use? I'm interested. :cheeky:

Retrofits can be pain in the ass and you often end up paying more than you would when ordering a brand new car. You can save some money if you're able to DIY, though.

Either I'm reading it wrong, or you're using an interesting definition of little :p :

Keyless entry = Keyless go, that means at least 3 new antennas, new doorhandles on the outside, a new control unit and a modified ignition as Keyless Go has a starter button. This is a system that shows coupes really are cheaper than sedans though, having 2 less doors to worry about xD

For memory seats, I believe mirrors are affected as well (automatic down-tilting when in reverse) and perhaps also the steering column upon entry.

Ventilated seats... well you have heated ones already so that saves a bit of work, but you'll need new seat upholstery because ventilated seats = perforated leather.

I don't know what an MbenzNL would charge for anything of this since he never mentions costs in his retrofit topics, but keeping this in mind nothing of this will be a mere three-digit job since the work above requires disassembly of almost everything inside and there's some programming work to do.

Haha I mean little in that you don't notice it's not there, it's not very important to us. Not having keyless means we get to admire the fancy looking Merc key, and play the distance game :p I think the mirrors do have that automatic tilting thing, could be wrong though, and yeah the steering column would need fitted with all the electric gadgety thingies.

The leather is not getting touched, not a chance :lol: And for that kind of money we'll just have to "make do" with what we have :cheeky:

That red Mercedes is really something Scott! And yes, photos rarely do justice to vibrant colors. I believe it's really gorgeous in person.

Thanks Mills, I think you'd like it.. it's very fast (and yes, it's an auto, sorry :p). You'll be sad to hear the Celica will be going to a new home sometime soon... however my dad refuses to sell it for what it's worth in current condition so either it'll be getting a spray or not moving until a mad man with lots of money appears.

Noice. What did you use? I'm interested. :cheeky:

Retrofits can be pain in the ass and you often end up paying more than you would when ordering a brand new car. You can save some money if you're able to DIY, though.

Good question, I'll get back to you on that :hmmm: This was just shampoo, polish and lots of elbow grease btw, no wax on it yet (apart from whatever the dealer used).

I don't suppose you fancy making a "How To Detail" thread? I was gonna' ask you for some guidance :p

Thanks Mills, I think you'd like it.. it's very fast (and yes, it's an auto, sorry :p). You'll be sad to hear the Celica will be going to a new home sometime soon... however my dad refuses to sell it for what it's worth in current condition so either it'll be getting a spray or not moving until a mad man with lots of money appears.

giphy.gif

Tell your father he can't sell it at all!

And it's ok about the E-class being an auto, i am more open-minded now. :lol: Still impressed by the color though, 99,9% of the Mercedes down here are either white, silver, grey or black. :lol: 50 shades of Benz.

https://media.giphy.com/media/YLgIOmtIMUACY/giphy.gif

Tell your father he can't sell it at all!

And it's ok about the E-class being an auto, i am more open-minded now. :lol: Still impressed by the color though, 99,9% of the Mercedes down here are either white, silver, grey or black. :lol: 50 shades of Benz.

Would if I could :lol: Yup, my thoughts exactly. It was the only E-Class for sale nearby-ish that wasn't white/silver/grey/black :lol:

This also means you'll also need to get rid of your User Title thing Scott :cheeky:

Not yet :evil:

Maybe I should buy it :hmmm:

Also, nice photos there Ryan, looks like it was a joy ride. :lol:

Actually that road was so twisty and had loose stones all over it, it was quite a bit of hard work on the bike. Would be much more fun and likely faster in a car I reckon.

The road after it was amazing fun though. Have got video footage but may take me a few months to get it up :lol:

Gave the shed a 'quick' clean..

[ATTACH]24086[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]24087[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]24088[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]24089[/ATTACH]

Trying out some Sonax Gloss Shampoo instead of the Meguiars Gold Class I normally use. Then Bilt Hamber clay bar (barely picked up anything over the whole car which I was pleased with), Gtechniq P1 polish, 50cal Filler Glaze on bonnet/roof/boot as a test, then FK1000P over the whole car. All by hand, who needs to go to the gym :p

Doesn't come up too bad for a 115,000 mile/11 year old that gets cleaned by an idiot :p :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.