We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

For now, I main my sister's Mercury Milan, an '07 base model, pretty peppy for what it is. Really, it's just a Ford Fusion with the Mercury badge slapped on it. The transmission sucks, though. I've actually gotten whiplash from a shift going uphill.

e13b0c83-c5d7-46d4-829d-df6a876eedb9.jpg

Finally looking to buy my own car. I am looking at either a 6 cylinder Z3 or an NA miata. Preferrably a 1994-1997 model for the latter, since they have the 1.8.

6246670084_large.jpg

1997-mazda-miata01.jpg

Not so keen on the Z3, though. Maintenance costs.

Oh hello.

[ATTACH]26066[/ATTACH]

Picking it up on Wednesday!

But I am also a bit sad as I drove my old TF for the first time since it's trackday. Started at the first turn of the key even with the battery being at 12.09v. Drove it to see the Fiesta today and it was brilliant fun. Will be sad to see it go but the other TF that I took back yesterday has put me right off for now. Dare say I'll get another one in the future though as a fun weekend car or a track toy.

The ST is a cracker of a car, had a shot a a mates one and was just...Wow! :)

My only problem with it is't the car it's self...just half the owners and the fact you see so many of them (I know 10 people with them...)

I have to say though, not a fan of your car because of one very small thing...It was originally registered in Glasgow! Yuk... :lol:

-

Finally managed to get out on a dry day to give the Abarth a thrashing, and oh boy she diddent disappoint! :D

Had a blast up South Deeside, then up the Cairn o Mount & down to Fettercarin, before heading to Edzell taking some of the back roads, then along to Brechin and to Montrose(Again, on the back roads). Then took the Coastline route back to Aberdeen. Thankfully came across very few cars so made the most of it!

Most of the roads I took are near single track ones with lots of twist's, curves and bumps (Airborne 3 times...), will really need to get a video of the 'Cairn O mount' road for you guy's as I've gone on about it enough.

Anyways, stopped for a wee bit for some photos...

XAOL9iU.jpg

b3fyCaZ.jpg

:lol:

It is indeed a cracking car and one of, if not the best car you can get for the money. It is a fairly popular car yes but I haven't seen that many of them about. Most of the people I've seen driving them are 30+ mainly due to the cost or the odd 17 year old who used the bank of mummy and daddy and will more than likely ruin the car.

But yea, it is Scottish and Glasgowish. :(

Still can't believe I'm getting 35mpg from it with my blasting around the country roads going whoooosh at every opportunity. :lol:

http://i.giphy.com/Ni4cpi0uUkd6U.gif

You drive an abarth, I mean, like, seriously? :p

People in glass houses.....

I've just canceled your 5:50 appointment, hope you can get your hair done elsewhere. ;)

Joking aside, car stereotypes exist for a reason. Sadly the owners of ST's & VRX's, at least up my way, live up to that example. In this case: Chavvsh driving, having something 'monster energy' related in or on the car and blaring out generic tunes while at the local Asda or driving up & down the main street. Will also have a generic fart-can exhaust, ebay coilovers on and new rim's. And will likely be 25 or under & have a job related to the Oil.

Not all owners live up to it though, know 3 or so who have it & actually use it on roads it was made for.

Abarth owners on the other hand, will be forever having to tell people "Yes, it's based on a Fiat but its actually it's own manufacture" :lol:

My part dislike of the current gen of Fast Ford's is maybe due to the 'microclimate' we have in Aberdeen & Shire due to oil moneys?

And this is why I don't buy nice things. Not even had the car 2 weeks yet.

RtNlf2L.jpg

In this case it was an arsehole in a Landrover going too fast with unsuitable tyres for the road. Those massive knobbly offroad tyres that stick out from the side of the car 6 inches. It threw up a small rock that's put 2 separate cracks on the drivers side of the windscreen. Seems unlikely that they'll be able to repair it due to how deep the cracks are, where they are and how close together they are.

• 2 weeks later...

First pic is cool. When I go for a drive, I rarely stop until I make it back home, so no piccies. That said I've not gone "for a drive" since having having a much faster bike :hmmm: If I get a new car I might have to give it a shakedown.

What's peoples opinions on a BRZ to replace the R33 I had....I'm missing having a fun car! my only issues are going from around 450bhp to 200 and the downsize as the Skyline was surprisingly practical as a daily!

Go take it for a drive and see for yourself but I will say it's.. well.. not slow, but it's got no torque. You have to rev the balls out of it to get anywhere! I also found the interior plastics, mostly on lower panels/doors, to be really cheap feeling. But you can pick up a tidy used model and mod the crap out of it for not very much money, so there's that!

I am also considering an S2000 however I fear they may not be practical enough for me. I'm a mechanic for Jaguar/Land Rover so i often find myself lugging my tools to and from work. that along with me living in the middle of nowhere and the girlfriend insisting on only going to tesco once a fortnight!!!!

Other cars i am considering:

MK3 Supra (love the pop ups!)

another R33....I miss my old one too much!

VW Golf R/ MKIV R32 with some work (the practical option)

possibly....a Jag XKR because I can get one from work on a work finance deal for a year for next to nothing....but I wont be able to modify it at all which is annoying and to be honest I work on them a fair bit and they're not exactly incredible to drive and I cant see myself wanting to daily one...

For those wondering what I am driving right now....my Turbo'd Renault 5 Project car...

Jag/LR can't afford to provide their own tools? :eyebrow:

Alot of places require mechanics to provide there own tools, which is a real pain because tool's aint cheap!

-

I've driven a GT86 a few times, 3 dealer test drives and a 'proper' shot of a friend of a friends and was 75% tempted to get it (Decided not to because of reasons), rather liked it and seemed solid enough. 200Bhp and relative light weight was enough for me for both fun & everyday use, enough so i'd have left it being! (Crazy power is't needed for the roads up my way)

Others would say i can feel somewhat cheap inside but I never found that a problem myself, but I've grown up on used cars (10 years+ on average).

Can't really comment on the other choices, I nearly went to view an S2000 but got a Suzuki Cappuccino insted. :lol:

Washed and clayed the car this morning. It was the first time I used a claybar, and the car feels super smooth! Will be hitting it with some polish and sealant later today.

Also some old time members may notice: I finally got a part I've wanted for a very long time at the front of the car!

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad96/killalldude/DSC_0301_1.jpg

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad96/killalldude/DSC_0300.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.